Chapter 13

Chapter 13

After Brighton High School is ousted from the playoffs, several team members follow the results each week, hoping someone will upset Midland Prep. The team gathers at Waffle House every Saturday afternoon and watches Midland Prep on their phones.

Luck would prevail for Boone High School, and the Crimson Knights destroy Midland Prep. Clarke sits with Tracy. Across from them, Dallas and Hector are on a date with the Bennett twins. Laura plays footsy with Dallas as Aurora giggles winking at Hector.

The smell of several steaks, eggs, and hashbrowns sails throughout the patched-together restaurant. Not flattered by the half-cooked meat stench, Tracy sits there waiting for her Belgium Waffle and bacon.

"I don't mean to come across as a bitch, but..." she stops and stares at the table, "Please eat quickly so we can leave. I hate this place and how it stinks. If you hurry, I promise I'll make it worth it."

Curious about what she's willing to give for a eat now, taste later meal, Clarke raises his eyebrows, "Do tell. I'm all ears to what you're willing to gimme."

Ready to share, Tracy takes out her phone, sending a photo of what she's wearing under her dark gray beaded tiger t-shirt and Jordache jeans, "Check your phone."

Fumbling to get his phone from his back pocket, Clarke rushes to open it. His jaw drops at the photos of Tracy standing in her full-body mirror, modeling in nothing but a green see-through bra accompanied by a bright red g-string.

"It's almost Christmas. Nothing should get us into the spirit more than Santa's favorite colors. So, hurry and come claim your gift, baby boy," she says and winks.

Shaking his feet on the floor, Clarke feels his manhood rising. The images burn their way into his mind. His breathing changes. Tracy smiles and realizes she has him in the palm of her hand, "To make it even hotter. I want you to make love to me on the football field," she whispers, then licks her lips.

Clarke shuts his eyes, envisioning what's about to happen between them. In slow motion, he pictures Tracy on top as her perky breasts bounce in unison. Since their first time in her bedroom, they've managed to sneak into having sex three more times and nearly got caught the last time in the locker room.

While Clarke's imagination runs wild, their food arrives, "Thank you very much," Tracy says, bringing Clarke out of the trance.

"You're welcome, darlin'. Y'all enjoy now, and best of luck next season, young man," the older female server with gray hair states before she ambles away.

Unwilling to waste time, Clarke takes the knife and fork and mutilates his food. Tracy tries to be ladylike but swiftly sees that Clarke isn't wasting time. She scoffs while dissecting the waffle and inhales the bacon. The orange juice in front of her is downed in seconds. The rest of the team and their guests see the couple seemingly having an eating contest. The guys cheer for Clarke, and the ladies scream and yell, supporting Tracy.

During the impromptu race, the couple stares at each other, wanting to win bragging rights. Even with Tracy having less food, she falls behind. Clarke continues to inhale each bite of medium-well-cooked steak and sunny-side-up eggs that break with yolk spreading over the plate. The staff gets in on the mischief, cheering on the couple while fist-pumping the air. Down to the final few bites, it comes down to the wire when Tracy stuffs her mouth. Clarke ditches the utensils, pick up the A1 sauce-soaked steak, and rips the last couple of bites off the fat.

"GO, CLARKE!" Hector screams in Spanish.

"C'MON, GIRL POWER! KICK HIS ASS!" Laura screams, standing on a chair.