Chapter 9: Thanks Grandpa

2 year after Mother-Son Bond.

Grandpa Han POV

A now 17 years old Izuku is sparing with me. After 3 minutes of Izuku giving his all against me, who just use one hand, he fall on his ass exhausted.

Izuku: *huff* How *huff* how are you so strong ?

Grandpa Han: Lot of fighting, lot of experience but don't worry about that.

I remember a bit of the fights I did with Mira, Mori and the others. Nox, The world gouvernament, Mubong, Ragnarok.

Izuku: I know but I can't stop to think I should be stronger.

Grandpa Han: You didn't notice it because you fight only with me, who is way above your level, but you are strong, you are way higher than a lot of people your age.

Izuku: But I'm going to hit a wall one day, I'm not going get stronger at some point since I don't have a quirk. "I know I could accept mama's offer with OFA but in the heat of the moment I got way over my head huh"

Grandpa Han: Simple, break that wall, surpass yourself, break your limit. As cliché as It seems I know you can do it.

Izuku looked at with a surprised looked since my advice is really cliché, I guess he was waiting to hear something more "wise".

Izuku: What am I lacking ?

Grandpa Han: You learn Re-Taekwondo and Full contact karate pretty fast but you need to polish them, make them yours.

Izuku's face ! I want to laugh ! Izuku's face is clearly in complete confusion, not knowing what I want to say. How can I make him understand ? Hmm. Wait ! I have an idea.

Grandpa Han: I can see you didn't get anything I said so we're going to plan B.

Izuku: You have a plan B ?

Grandpa Han: Yes obviously.

Izuku: O-Okay.

He don't trust me huh. What happen to the little boy who listened everything I said before ? Puberty I guess ? Meh not important right now.

Grandpa Han: For the time being you should go home and spend time with your family or you girlfriends.

Izuku: Yeah I guess- Wait no they'r not my girlfriends ! They are my childhood friends and sister !

I see him going red as a tomato and doing some weird move with his arms. I should do that more often.

Grandpa Han: *chuckle* I never said who Izuku.

He stopped any movement at the realization but goes even redder than before, I had no idea It was possible. And he start running out of the house. 

Well let's get to work, first a phone call, I wait until someone answer.

Random acquaintance: Hello ?

Grandpa Han: Hello It's me kid, Daewi.

Random acquaintance: Oh Mr. Han It's been a long time ! How are you ?

Grandpa Han: Just Daewi is fine you know. I'm fine like an old man, sorry to bother but I need a little favor.

Random acquaintance: I'll be happy to help, what is it ?

Grandpa Han: You see my disciple need to polish his skills and I thought that you could write his name as a participant of you tournament.

Random acquaintance: Doable, what's the name of the kid ?

Grandpa Han: Izuku Yagi.

Random acquaintance: Ooookay It's done. The tournament start this week end, Friday to Sunday.