Chapter 2

A pic of Giannis Tsimitellis a Greek actor....I can totally see him playing Dmitri, he carries the arrogant look off elegantly...!

"You're hurting me!" she screamed as she tripped on the stairs. He ignored her and only stopped at the front door where her rain-drenched things lay on the floor. He put her to stand in front of him and started to go through her bags. Her senses started to come back as he started to throw her things all over the floor.

"You can't do that!" she said struggling to pull her purse from him.

His obvious 6 ft plus height and muscled body was no match for her 5 ft 6" frame. He sidestepped her efforts and emptied her bag onto the floor. Her purse, cosmetic case, pens, tissue pads all crashed to the floor. She rushed to pick up a rolling lipstick, by the time she had gathered the strewn items he was delving through her case. Now her clothes were scattered all over the floor in front of him. Her efforts to pull them out of his hands yielded no fruit as he shoved her aside like a sack of potatoes and continued his search. June did not give up and scrambled to gather her stuff.

'Hey leave that!' she screamed and pulled her panties out of his grasp. Finally, he stood up and to her horror she realised, that he still had her purse. He was now taking out her cards and reading them. When he reached her drivers' license, he held it up and looked from it to her.

'Satisfied!' she said trying to grab it from him but he held her arm away from him.

'Let me go you freak!' she kicked him and attempted to pull her purse from him but somehow she only held his towel in her hands. He had the gall to stand there totally naked and continue reading through her stuff as if, nothing untoward had just happened.

'You're crazy,' she finally said and flung his towel at him.

He caught it, wrapped it around his waist and now stood in front of her ensuring that she resembled the photograph he held "So June Stapleton, tell me what you are doing here?"

She was angry now how dare he treat her like a vagrant.

"I already told you I was lost." She repeated stonily through her clenched teeth.

"This is a remote area, how did you get here?' his gaze was unrelenting as he stared at her waiting for a response. He made her so nervous.

"A- a- truck,' she stuttered, not fully recovered from his harsh treatment of her. She felt like an errant teenager who had been caught climbing out of the window at an all girls boarding school ran by nuns. He raised his eyebrow disbelievingly and then opened the front door. He stepped out onto the porch and looked out into the black and stormy night.

"So where is it?" he was looking at her now. This man was the ultimate suspicious Joe, why was he so afraid? He stepped back into the house and shut the door, the scowl on his face deepened as he assessed her attire.

"Listen mister, I am wet, hungry and tired, the old truck is somewhere behind those woods. As you can plainly see, I am also dirty from trudging through thick woods because this cottage was the only light I saw for miles. If I had known that you would be so hostile I would have slept in the truck instead."