Chapter 13

June walked slowly to the empty sofa opposite her siblings and a curious looking Dmitri. He did not look angry but she could tell he was annoyed with her.

"Do not worry J we have already introduced ourselves and Dmitri here had kindly decided to join our girls' night." May was enjoying this too much.

"Hey M chill!" April voiced realising that May was having too much fun at her other sister's expense.

"Dmitri what brings you here at this time?" June looked at her wall clock it was almost 10 pm. Dmitri had probably realised she would not come to their appointment.

"Did you forget we were supposed to meet at 8 pm dear?" He said sweetly but his voice stressed on the dear a bit too much.

"Silly me, being sick and all I tend to forget easily especially when it's not really important." June responded just as sweetly.

Her sisters were watching the exchange with animated expressions. Dmitri cleared his throat and stood up. He walked over to June and sat beside her on the love seat. She tried to pull away but he grabbed her hand keeping her locked next to him. June heard a snicker and saw May smiling. The wretch.

"So Dmitri our sister has told us very little and I mean very little about you." May continued using her right thumb and index finger to demonstrate her point.

Dmitri looked uncomfortable for once.

"Fine but Dmitri tell us about yourself." May continued,

"Um what do you want to know?" Dmitri asked.

"First is it true you kidnapped our sister when you first met." May asked sitting Indian style on the sofa.

"M!" June reprimanded.

"It's okay we had a rough start. I guess a beautiful woman walking into your home drenched and muddy saying she is lost in the middle of the night can raise some eyebrows." Dmitri answered and they all laughed except June who had been blushing; relishing in the fact that Dmitri had found her be

"To top it off she walks in on you just coming from the shower." Dmitri continued with a sparkle in his eye.

"So technically the kidnapping was justified." May said laughter in her voice.

"Indeed." Dmitri agreed.

"I could tend to agree." April conceded and June glared at her. She thought at least one of her siblings would take her side. April shrugged her shoulders. June was blushing immeasurably.

"June you never told us that part." May was enjoying this immensely. "You made him into this Sopranos Mafia guy who had his henchmen keep you locked in a basement room chained to the wall with no food or water for days." May was exaggerating beyond belief.

"You are being ridiculous, M" June said finally extracting her hand from Dmitri's grasp.