Chapter 8

He did not just say that. After lying to her he expected them to just move on without any thought, all in a day's work she guessed.

"No!" she responded easily.

"I missed you," he stepped closer, "we don't have to end because of who I am."

She moved away from him when he was close she could not think.

The memory of their time together was so raw and vivid in her mind that she fought hard to push them out of her mind.

"I can't, my life here doesn't allow it."

"June," his hands were on her shoulders he pulled her to him and she could feel his desire rock hard against her back. She wanted to just melt into his arms but she could not, she had too much at stake right now. She stepped out of his clutches.

"I have a date," she said turning round to see his reaction. Gared was taking her out to see a musical; he had gotten the tickets last week. She had been excited since she had never been to one before. This musical was a Broadway hit and was continually sold out and since she had always wanted to see one when Gared got some tickets from a client she was overjoyed. "I am going to see the Prairie Tree and I do not want to be late.'

His brows were pulled together in a deep scowl, "Break it!" he commanded.

"I'll be late." she moved to pick up her stuff. "I have my own life Dmitri one which does not include you."

"Ok, you want to make me feel jealous," He came to her and held her face. " It's fine but you know that this thing between us is fuelled by passion." He bent to kiss her and she walked away.

"June you want me and you just felt how much I want you, let's stop all these games and come back to my hotel with me." he was reaching out to her, she sidestepped him again. "Stop pushing me away, don't deny us."

"Is that all I am to you, a lay, a sex doll?" she reproached him as his face contorted in anger. She pushed on realising that he was getting angry with her.

"You know you're not." he was seething, she could clearly see.

"If I leave with you, we both know what will happen but tomorrow, you leave and then what? Huh? You go back to your high tech life and what?" she pressed on feeling really energised by the look of shock and anger on his face. "Every time you're in town you ring me up? Is that how it will go? Hey June care for some sex tonight? Is that how it will be?" she stopped her chest heaving.

"Maybe you get me a nice house in a rich area or something and lavish me with gifts so whenever you call I will be ready to give you all the sex you want?" she continued scathingly.

 June had she hit the nail on the head, by his stance it seems the truth being spilled so openly was ugly but he needed to know that she was no easy lay. She turned away from him.