Chapter 6

June awoke feeling tired, a bit sore, but so pleased and so complete that she did not want to move. What she had experienced with Dmitri had not come close to her earlier attempts at lovemaking. She never knew that sex with a person could bring such utter wholeness and contentment. She turned onto her side away from Dmitri's warmth knowing that this was the decisive moment.

The sun had already risen way above the trees; she needed to start her departure. She looked across at her lover... ooh it felt good saying that about the Adonis at her side. He was the perfect lover. She sidled her way to the edge of the bed trying not to disturb his sleep. She crept out of the room not before glancing at him one last time. His lashes fell so tenderly against his cheeks; he was beautiful man and an excellent lover.

She went to her room where she bathed and dressed. She found a telephone book and called a cab but the driver refused to come such a distance to pick her up. Frustrated she flung the phone on the bed, "So much for a clean get away." she murmured to herself. She looked up and noticed Dmitri standing in the doorway. His head was mussed and she remembered running her fingers through it. He had on a pair of jeans but his chest was left exposed and she could clearly see the marks of her fingernails on his sides, she gulped.

"Morning," she offered, "I figured I should make a start."

He leaned against the door jam and shrugged.

"No convincing you to stay."

She closed her eyes, and took a deep breath, if she did not leave now, she did not think she ever would.

"I must leave," she said steadily as if trying to convince herself of her decision. "The night is over."

He straightened and entered the room "If you believe that you must," he was towering in front of her. She nodded unable to speak. He held her head in his hands and lifted her chin.

"Thank you for giving me a special part of you, I enjoyed it too," she almost died then, was he for real?

She smiled as he kissed her but broke it early as he retreated to the door "Let me shower and I'll drop you off in town."

She stood there hugging her self, afraid to speak. If she stayed she knew exactly how hey would spend their days but she had forgotten her life for too long vacation or not she had to move on this diversion was just that a diversion from reality they both had their own lives and she needed to return to hers and he needed his peace and quiet.

Thirty minutes later, they were on their way to town in another of Dmitri's secrets a brand new black truck. It was a Ford Ranger, one of those huge trucks that took the whole road. He drove it as he made love passionately yet fiercely. She glanced at his hands holding the wheel and remembered how he held her last night.

"Stop it!" she cajoled her self.

"What did you say?" he asked.

"Um... nothing" she was too embarrassed at having spoken her thoughts.