Chapter 22

Sorry for the long wait before this update.... hope you like this chapter.

"June you brought this all on yourself!" her mother was still angry with her.

"This is not the time to finger point dear, we need to resolve this situation between the two of them!" her father stated diplomatically.

"I can't believe he would go so far!" May voiced. "Talk about venting his wrath!"

"Anger can make anyone do irrational things." April added.

They had all gathered at June's home for a family meeting on the way forward. April had made an appointment with one of the solicitors at her firm. They were awaiting his arrival.

"June have some chamomile tea." Her mother offered her. She shook her head, she had barely slept and she had no appetite.

"J please eat; you need to keep up your strength," April cajoled her. June shook her head again. Her mouth felt like cotton and her throat was constricted. The thought of food made her feel nauseous.

The doorbell rang and April volunteered to answer the door.

"This is Liam Watson." A tall handsome blond man came into view. He appeared to be in his early 40s. He was clean shaven and reminded her of the DA from one of those TV detective dramas.

"Please to meet you all." He shook their hands and he was guided to seat on the sofa.

"April has given me a summary of the situation and I have done some research." Liam was opening his attaché case and removing some files.

"Kanaredes is a huge corporation with a lot of influence in Europe to defeat him in the courts will be difficult." Liam stated something they all knew.

"I knew it!" her mother moaned. "I won't see my grandson again."

"However, there is chance we can appeal to a judge about your son's fragile state and that his chance of recovery would be increased by the interaction with his mother and family who he only knows. The inclusion of his father who is a stranger can cause him to relapse." Liam's words were not reassuring and June's heart just closed.

She burst into tears and May enveloped her into her arms.

Dmitri stood watching his son through the glass window in the adjoining room. The doctors had told him that Zack had a rare blood disorder and that he would need a bone marrow transplant. His son's little body was hooked up to many different coloured wires. He appeared stable at the moment but it was vital that he get a marrow donor before his blood poisoned him.

'Eat something Dmitri.' His mother's voice cajoled him. He turned to her voice. She had some food on a table.

'Mom, I'm not hungry.' He responded turning back to look at his son. He felt his mother's hands on his arm dragging him to sit at the table. He acquiesced.

'You need your strength, now have some warm tea.' His mother was adamant and he never defied his mother; so he sipped the tea slowly although his mouth had no taste for food.

' So what have the doctors told you about his condition?' his mother asked worriedly.

'They need to test as many family members as possible to see if they can get a bone marrow match.' He replied finishing his cup of tea.

"So when am I going to meet Zack's mother?" 

Dmitri stood up. He had not told his mother about June fully. She had been ecstatic to know that she had another grandchild and had flown immediately from Sicily to be with him.