Chapter 11

This chapter is dedicated to the lorainesanganoo, orchissa and fierywhirlpool1 for being my first commenters...thanks it means alot!

June was not enjoying dinner. They were seated around her four piece dining set. Dmitri had asked the chef to create a meal worthy of a five star restaurant. The food was exquisite and June was doing her best to keep it all down. She had eaten some crackers beforehand and had stuck to lightly spiced food which encompassed mainly salad and vegetables on her plate. At least she would not be throwing up. She glanced at her mother who was chatting animatedly to Dmitri about his childhood. Her Dad was also very involved. June was nervous. The conversation in her bedroom earlier had been tense.

"June are you pregnant?" her mother asked pointedly.

June was rendered speechless. 

She looked at her mother then her father and then bowed her head.

"You better not lie to me young lady." Her mother admonished.

"Yes." She whispered almost wishing her mother's intuition was not as strong as it was.

"Look at me June." She looked at her mother. "Is it Dmitri's?"

She nodded.

"So? I thought you said the two of you broke up and it was not serious?" her dad asked.

"Well, it wasn't but ...." June was stumbling she wished she was not having this conversation with her parents.

"Come on, what happened and why is he working from your home? Doesn't he have an office?" her mother was shooting questions at her like a bullet.

"He does have an office but he chose to use my place since I fainted at work and he wanted to be near me." June was bunching up the sheets around nervously since her she felt like a criminal being interrogated by the police.

June explained the situation to her parents and told them that she had just found out about the pregnancy and that she and Dmitri were not really 'back together' and that he did not know about the pregnancy as yet. She told them that he was a billionaire and also a client and that it was very complicated. She also told them that she needed more time to organise her thoughts and hoped that they would support her.

Dmitri had invited them to dinner and they had accepted eagerly wanting to know more about this man who was supposedly rich and who had fathered their unborn grandchild.

June looked and listened, her parents and Dmitri were getting on quite well. Her parents were open minded and had welcomed Dmitri in her life, she knew that they were accessing him and from the questions they were asking. Her dad was more cautious but her mom was a no holds barred kind of person.

"June, do you want to rest now?" June was brought back from her reverie by Dmitri's question. She looked at the three pairs of eyes staring at her in anticipation of her answer.