Chapter 21

It was early morning when she arrived at Dmitri's office building.

The elevator ride was long and treacherous as she contemplated her next step. She hoped that he would not throw her out in one of these humiliating scenes but she did not care. The man was insufferable. She was fuming. She knew that she had been wrong to withhold Zack's paternity from him but he had gone too far. She deserved whatever hatred he felt for her but right now she was desperate, forget pride, her son was more important. He had refused to pick up her calls and after hours of not being in contact with him she was on her last straw.

A middle aged woman who looked homely sat at a desk on the Executive floor.

June approached her and asked nicely, 'Is it possible to see Mr. Kanaredes?'

She asked politely with her hands shaking in fury;

'He has been in a meeting all morning, do you have an appointment, Ms....?' Mrs. Nikolos as her name plate stated asked,

June responded, "No, but I really need to discuss a matter with him urgently."

The secretary, smiled, "I'm sorry but Mr. Kanaredes is a busy person and you need to state your purpose and I will make an appointment and see if he can get in touch with you." Mrs. Nikolos looked at her expectantly.

"Where is Franco? His PA? It is urgent, get him out here now!" June was livid.

"If you continue to be disruptive I will have to call security." The secretary stated and went back to her typing dismissing June.

June did not care; her decorum level had flown out of the window nine hours ago when Dmitri had taken her son away. Her son was sick and he needed her to be strong now. 

She turned around. 'Mrs. Nikolos, it is a matter of extreme importance that I see him can you call him out of his meeting?'

'Miss I already told you---'

'I need to see him, now!' she cut off the secretary.

Mrs. Nikolos picked up the phone and called security.

June ignored shouts to stop and rushed through the huge steel doors of Dmitri's offices.

She was beyond caring.

June kept her stance; she needed to see Dmitri before security got to their floor. She rushed to the first door and opened it, Mrs. Nikolos was shouting for her to stop but she ignored her. She pulled open the door but the room was empty. Franco Pavlis was written on the name plate on the desk. She was disappointed, but kept on she had little time.

She turned around and saw two uniformed security guards coming towards her. She dashed into the next room to her.

'What is going on here?' she turned around and saw Dmitri standing at the end of a conference table with several other people.

' I -- I-' she started as the door was again opened by the two guards followed by Mrs. Nikolos.

'We are sorry sir but,' explained Mrs. Nikolos, " she rushed in."

'June what is going on?' Dmitri asked her directly.

'I need to speak to you.' He looked at her for what seemed like an eternity, and then he nodded to the guards to leave.

'It's okay and gentlemen will you excuse me?' The seven men around the table stood up gathered their papers and exited with curiosity etched on their faces.

"Please hold my calls Franco," Franco looked at her apologetically, before he too made an exit.

When the door closed after the final person, June breathed deeply.