Chapter 17

300 reads....Thank you to every one who reads and votes for my story....Thank you, muchos gracias, merci, arigato, gamsahabnida, danke!

"Hello?" June said breathlessly.

"June, are you okay?" came Gared's concerned voice.

"I am fine, Gared." She answered a bit shaken trying to balance her shopping bags and her phone. She manoeuvred her way to the nearest bench in the shopping centre and sat.

"I called your office and they said you had the day off." Gared continued.

"Yes, May dragged me to go baby shopping since she will be going to Paris next week for a few months and wanted to buy me the latest baby wear before she left." June looked across at her sister who was glaring at her.

"I can only imagine the look she is giving you at the moment." Gared said laughingly as June joined his joke. May was still glaring at her and signed for her to end the call.

"You know her too well Gared; she will probably give you her death treatment when you next meet." May almost pulled the phone from her at that moment. "Gared I must say bye or else I'm chopped liver!"

"Please we need to keep these babies away from May's stares! I'll email you the Bernado documents and make an appointment with your administrator to see you sometime next week then. Give May my love!" He rang off in good humour.

"Bye Gared." June ended the call and May was quick to interrupt

"That man is impossible; he is so inconsiderate and clueless. If you are not at work why is he calling you on your personal mobile?" May complained and plopped herself on the bench beside June.

Gared had been working with her on a new project. Her new client had assigned him as their representative and they had been in close contact for the last two months. May had taken an instant dislike to Gared when she had met him at her office the first time. The two of them had been hurling insults back and forth ever since. Gared was usually so laid back but when May was around he was prickly and hot tempered. May being the trouble maker that she is riled him up even more.

"Sis I'm tired, my feet are swollen and my back is starting to throb." June looked at her ankles. They had swelled over her plimsolls. She needed to end this shopping trip before she collapsed. May was like a military colonel once she starts shopping she grills every sales assistant on the floor about a purchase to ensure that the style was designed perfectly. June did not know why she had agreed to go. Her hormones had made her too compassionate.

"Okay I guess we have enough stuff for now." May commented looking at the collection of bags that surrounded them on the bench. May gave her hand to her sister to help her up. June gladly accepted pulling her six month belly to a standing position. She felt like a whale and walked like one too.

"I can't carry anything, you did not think this through." June complained wanting to sit back down.

"I've got this sis." May reassured her as she called someone on her phone. A few minutes later a tall chauffeur appeared and he carried most of their bags to the awaiting SUV with May.