Chapter 16

Pic of Rachel McAdams playing June.

She was lying on her couch when she came to. Dmitri was kneeling next to her. She looked at him disoriented, unsure why she was there.

'Are you ok?' he asked and it all came back to her. She tried to sit up but he kept her down. "Just remain as you are."

'You will be alright Ms. Stapleton, just relax, this is common for someone in your condition.' Dmitri leaned back and the company nurse came into view, she bent down and continued speaking,

"I guess you need to be more careful, the first trimester is a delicate one.''

June was upset, the nurse, the baby; she put her hand to her stomach instinctively,

'You just need to have a bit of a rest,' the nurse continued as she made her way to the huge oak desk in the centre of the room.

June wanted to disappear; the nurse had just revealed that she was pregnant. She avoided Dmitri's gaze as she struggled to sit up, he helped her as she swung her legs off the couch. She was further mortified by Mr. Hamilton's presence in the room. He was studying her strangely. She could only imagine what he was thinking.

June just wanted to get away, out of this place, away from all the questioning eyes around her. She could not handle the curious glances.

'I feel much better now.' she offered weakly her voice sounding like an echo to her ears.

'Sorry for the trouble.' she continued trying to stand up, conscious of Dmitri helping her. She fixed her clothes and thanked the nurse.

'Mr. Kanaredes was very worried when you refused to regain consciousness; he said that you had been pale before you fainted.' The nurse said. June cringed inside at those words,

"I was a bit light headed but I feel fine now." She wanted the ground to swallow her up.

"When I checked you I realised that it was just your condition. You need to be more careful, have you seen your doctor?" the nurse asked kindly.

"Yes I saw him this morning." She stated, looking at the floor. When was this nightmare going to end?

The nurse smiled, "Just ensure that you take it easy, try not to work too hard." She excused herself and left. June was left with her boss and the one man she didn't want near her right now.

"Ms. Stapleton, I guess I must congratulate you on your pregnancy."

'Mr. Hamilton, I... thank you.' she stopped aware that Dmitri was now standing immediately behind her. She felt his coat brush her back as he moved. She froze.

"Well it is a happy time especially the first one." Mr. Hamilton had no idea; she could feel the tension emanating from Dmitri's body it was ice cold.