Chapter 9

Alihan flipped the page to the right not actually concentrating on the newspaper in his hands .

He had his mind well occupied with her thoughts. It had been two days he made her eat on a gunpoint ,two days he had last seen her since he was sure he was the last person she would want to look at and he also needed to get a grip on his feelings for her.

Unknown to him , his feelings had grown even stronger in this short span of two days by not seeing her. He was always restless , was having sleepless nights and he could not concentrate on anything. If only he had experience of how love works he must have guessed where this was heading towards but poor Alihan did not know love but now he could feel his effects on his heart and his life , only he had yet to discover what these new feelings are called.

Despite being restless at not seeing her , he was relieved to know that she had started to eventually have meals , not just all three meals of the day , but on Amma Bi's insistence , she eats at least two meals.

He was still trying to divert his mind from her when he found her walking into the large living room.

He had to almost rub his eyes to be sure that its her .

Cladded in a baby pink shalwar kameez with a chiffon dupatta of same color hanging on her one shoulder , she hesitatingly walked towards where she was told that he is present.

She was nervous yet confident . She knew she had to do it. She tried other ways and it did not work now she had only this option and it sounded a lot mature from her side and a logical one too. Although she had to put her ego aside and go talk to this man but truth be told , she honestly lacked any other option.

He found her standing right in front of him fidgeting with the edge of her dupatta looking straight at him who had his breath hitched looking at her in a much better state now. Her skin glowed in baby pink color  , thankfully no tears of tear stains on her face . She looked beautiful as always but now as he watched that she looked fine , he was beyond happy and relieved .

"umm can we talk?" She questioned. Her timid voice reached his ears making his heart skip a beat. He longed for her sight alright ,but only now he was guessing he missed her voice. too.

He blinked looking at her. She was not only in front of him , for the first time somewhere else than her room , not unconscious but also she was talking in a civil manner with him. His heart beamed with joy as he almost forgot she asked something.

Composing himself ,he tried to act nonchalant and hide his nervousness and joy behind that unbothered facade.

He also needed to remind himself to keep breathing evenly and control his racing heart that was ready to jump out of his ribcage.

She waited for a second or two to be asked to sit down by him but when he did not do so as he was too happy and lost in his wonderland seeing her ,she being a very inpatient person took a seat in front of him . Rolling her eyes at his lack of manners for not asking her to sit , she made herself comfortable now on lush velvet couch .

He mentally face palmed himself for not asking her to sit down first but how could he , he was yet to come out of his bubble of joy and dreamland. A red hue due to embarrassment covered his ears . To his luck she was too busy mentally admiring the overly comfortable and cozy couch that she did not notice.

"I have my final exam in fifteen days , I have been in no contact with my office for a week now . No matter what happens I can't risk my career at all. You have to let me go back!"