Chapter 21

Dear Readers,

I am very sorry for late update. I had my exams and finding time to write and edit was next to impossible for me. So accept my apologies.

From now on, I will try to level best to upload reguarly. I hope you will love the upcoming twists in the story. Stay with me till the end!
I will be eagerly waiting for your precious comments and vots.

Happy reading!

Third person's POV

He pushed her further in his chest, his arms secured around her, the world around forgotten for him, all that existed was the woman in his arms, all he existed for was the woman in his embrace, a moment of carelessness, a moment of denial, a moment he had probably risked his everything for, it was his moment. And with it came sheer satisfaction, pure peace and beautiful bliss. But it passed, in a heart beat, faster than the blink of an eye, gone it was, replaced with a ting of anticipation that transformed into fear. 

 It was a bold move, had he been utterly brave or insanely idiotic, he did not know. He was quite not thinking of consequences. The blissful peace was not what he was even seeking. It was only fear that drove him to this move, the fear of her disappearing if he fails to hold her, to reach out to her, the intense fear he felt when he found her gone, the pure fear when he assumed she was lost, the absolute fear when he concluded she was perhaps hurt or harmed, it was fear all along and now as well. The pure fear of her reaction.

He loosened his hold on her, his heart beating rapidly, she felt it too, when he unwillingly unwrapped his arms and took a step back depriving himself of the touch that kept his insides from burning at that moment. He felt the loss of touch too strong, it hurt every inch of his skin.

She looked up, a bile forming in her throat. She felt lost. Her words stuck in her throat.

Shouting, yelling, pushing him away or threatening him? what seemed like a perfect punishment for his action right now?
she had no idea.

The rational part of her demanded something from her, she was expected to do anything but the bigger and dominating part right now wanted none of it.

But the silence, oh the silence! it was deafening, restless, too awkward to be precise.

"You...you ruined my sweater!" She cried. 

Was that what she supposed to say? heck no! but what else then? 

He looked from her baby pink sweater that had spots of dirt on it to his white shirt covered in dirt and stains.

A relief washed over him after the flood of disbelief, he expected her to murder him, he was supposed to be punished for hugging her but all she cared about was her sweater!

Miracles happen!! all the time!

Nevertheless, with guilty eyes he looked at her face, her flushed face. She immediately lowered her eyes as if avoiding meeting his gaze.

The sudden change in atmosphere could be sensed from miles away, something had changed. Both of them unaware of exactly what but something felt different. 

Her eyes held a new emotion even she had not acknowledged yet, his heart had a new hope even he had not anticipated. 

"I..I am sorry''
he whispered, she heard but words were meaningless in this moment.