Chapter 22

Dear readers,

I'm back with a new chapter!! I hope you'll like it. I will be eagerly waiting for your comments and votes!

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Nested under layers of two thick blankets, Anna struggled to blink her heavy eyelids open.

A small groan escaped her lips as she listened to the heavy rain drumming against the windowpane. She curled herself into a ball, pulling the first blanket over her head.

The sharp sound of the alarm pierced through the blankets and reached her ears. She cursed under her breath, then reached her hand to the nightstand and swiped the alarm off on her phone without pulling her head out of the blankets or opening her eyes.

Finally she decided to peek her head out of the blankets, the chill in the room made her shiver. Since night, despite the heater running constantly, the cold had managed to seep into every corner of the room. 

The room was dim, except for the faint light from the window, she turned her head on the pillow to look towards it, the raindrops racing each other down on the blurry glass, she couldn't see much outside due to fog.

The sound of rain intensified. A small smile crept on her lips as she thought.

What a nice weather to stay in bed......

Her room suddenly appeared more cozy and bed more appealing, the blankets were so welcoming. The warmth filled her whole being and she made herself more comfortable, snuggling more into the blankets.........what a risky move!

Her eyes travelled to the clock across the room, A quarter past seven which meant she had almost an hour and half to reach office.
She rolled her eyes, frustration etched on her face.

What if I skip today?

What if I quit my job and stop working at all?

What if they keep filling my bank account with salary and I never work?

What if its the end of the world, why would I need to work then?

What if I pretend that I never woke up this morning?

Possibilities and wishes crept her mind or maybe corrupt her mind should be the word here. She stared at the ceiling, not moving her limbs at all, like a paralyzed person. And that's how she wasted twenty minutes. But nothing anew for her, it was everyday occurrence in her case.

After a full fledged battle in her head she made her mind, before reluctantly throwing the covers off.
She heavily sighed as her bare feet met the carpeted floor. She stood up rubbing her eyes and stumbled towards the bathroom for a much needed hot shower. 

Half an hour later, she stood in front of her closet wearing a thick bathrobe.
Her dried hair hung all over her face, falling just above her waist; she had only dried it and was yet to brush and style it. Frustrated, she pushed her hair away from her face and roughly tucked it behind her ears before running a hand down her face, eyeing a pile of clothes

What was she supposed to wear today? 

She had nothing!!!

She thought as her eyes scanned dozens of clothes in her untidy closet.