Chapter 17

My dear reader,

Comments really do mean a lot, I hope you will provide your feedback on characters or plot or just give some suggestion or tip. Anything will be highly appreciated.

Don't forget to leave a vote as you finish reading.

Happy reading!

Author's POV.

Wrapped in a cozy grey coat, Anna neatly positioned a maroon beret on her head, framing her  face elegantly. As she effortlessly slid her feet into black ankle boots, her lustrous mid-back length brown hair framed her features flawlessly, adding an alluring touch to her overall appearance.

She smiled at her reflection in the mirror as she giggled before passing herself a compliment.

She was indeed returning to her old self, she was slowly become her usual bubbly self again, herself that she had lost amidst that storm of someone else's mistakes and sins.
But a certain someone was providing her with comfort and safety that was enabling her to learn to live again and she hadn't even realize that yet.

She walked to the corner of the room and peered out the window with worry.

The raindrops danced and splashed against the glass, creating a beautiful sight. The house in the heart of mountains was cozy and filled with warmth but she was aware that outside the cold weather will surely make her shiver.

As she glanced at the clock, her concern grew.
How would she manage to reach the office today?

The rain continued to pour heavily since the first rays of sun had began the new day only today the people of this city hadn't seen those sunrays. This meant booking a taxi would be next to impossible today.

This man's house was in the further most corner of the city, it wasn't easy to find taxi or book one around here even on a sunny days and days like today meant no chance of finding a cab nearby. 

Puzzled, she questioned this vampire's reasoning for constructing a house in a remote location, away from the bustling city. 

Couldn't he have chosen a residence amidst an actual population, like most normal people? 
What she forgot to notice was that he owned this entire estate that spread across acres. 

She knew the walk to the nearest bus station would drench her in this unforgiving rain and she couldn't walk miles just to get a bus. In times like this, she wished she could just buy a car. But that sound like a dream.
Although her salary was going to increase soon to a handsome amount but the rates of cars were sky high and she could not even afford one at lease since arranging an advance would be a challenge as tough as climbing Mount Everest for her.

 She groaned in helplessness and frustration feeling sudden loss of appetite and she decided to skip breakfast today. 

A knock on her door gained her attention and she briskly walked to open it expecting Amma Bi with a tray of breakfast but what she found was a very handsome, tall man whom she had called a vampire just a few moments ago in her head.

In a black Prada suit oozing elegance and sophistication, he stood tall before her. His subtle cologne filled the air around him causing her mouth to suddenly run dry. 
On his wrist, a gleaming and lavish watch adorns his attire, it caught her attention but she made sure to look away quickly before he could notice. His black hair styled neatly making him appear as a model straight out of magazine that teenage girls like to keep under their pillows.