Chapter 14

Dear Readers,
Comments really do mean a lot, I will be very glad if you leave a feedback in comments section. Don't forget to vote.

Happy reading!

Author's POV

''I am very pleased to meet you, I hope your experience with our corporation will be satisfactory.'' trying to keep her tone professional, she greeted him .

Alihan who was still dumbstruck finally put his mind in processing mode and greeted her back with same tone . He was wondering how did he got so lucky to end up being a new stakeholder of company she worked for and happened to land himself right in her office , out of three branches in the city , he was fortunate enough to have this meeting arranged here .

Some cosmic conspiracy actually wanted to unite them .

''Miss Raza is our internal auditor as you know , I shall appoint her to work with you so you get to know about internal control system better and rest of information as required by you will be provided accordingly .'' Baraq Meer , The CEO and Anna's boss spoke earning Alihan's attention again .

Anna ears perked up hearing this , it was the last thing she wanted right now .

As if living under same roof as him was not enough this man was ready to ruin her peace in her safe heaven , her office too.

She felt like banging her head in the nearest wall but composed herself and put on her best professional facade .

''Miss Raza I hope you won't have any problem with this arrangement?''
in a questioning manner he asked but she knew better , it was more of a command . She never disliked her boss , in fact he was more of a mentor to her than a boss . This old man was one of those supportive and kind people in her life who helped her flourish in her career .
She was still a teenager when she started working with them as a trainee , they watched her grow and turn into a professionally responsible person she was now and as a responsible employee , her job demanded her to ignore any personal conflict she had with him and treat him like she would treat every other investor .

''Absolutely not, sir. Shall I give our new stakeholder a tour of this office?'' in a stern voice she offered at which her boss's turned to Alihan to ask for his opinion .

''Sure , that would be great.''
Alihan finally built enough courage inside himself to speak .

After shaking hands with the CEO and bidding other participants farewell , he departed from the room to join Anna who had already walked out .

She briefly took a look at him before turning away , he sighed knowing it might not be as pleasant as he was thinking as she already despised his existence , him being in her office won't change anything .
Nevertheless , he silently followed her like a lost puppy while she was formally introducing him to all senior management and showing him various departments . He asked her a few questions that he was supposed to ask the auditor and they ended their small tour when she concluded this very business conversation by giving him her business card .

'So this is how I am going to get my wife's phone number , but at least I am getting her number I should be grateful.' - he thought staring at the card in his hand.

''You can email or call me for any queries or information during working hours , the documents you require shall be sent to you by the evening.'' with a solemn face and voice she spoke . Her pretense was so well , even she was surprised .

''Sure...'' He almost stammered .

This girl was really something else.

She was so formal with him , he could not even spot hatred she had for him in her eyes at the moment .