Chapter 16

DEAR READERS,
HERE'S A NEW CHAPTER. Leave your comments so I can know if you are liking this story and don't forget to vote!

Author's POV.

Anna stared wide eyed at the woman in front of her, a little girl wiggled in her arms and reached her hands out towards the man, signaling him to take her into his arms. 

Samara gasped letting the little girl on her feet as she ran towards her daddy who lovingly placed her on his lap not looking away from his wife and his best friend's newly wed wife's strange encounter. 

''What in the world are you doing here, girl?''

 Samara exclaimed as the initial shock wore off. Anna gulped not finding the words, what would she say. She could not voice out that she was there as Alihan's wife despite this being their biggest reality. She could never let these words out in front of him for many reasons.

''Umm Samara love, she is Alihan's wife.'' her husband decided to break the news to her. 

''You two seem to already know each other.'' Faiz spoke again catching his wife's attention who briskly walked a few steps to reach her who was standing in the middle of the living room like a dear caught in the headlights. Alihan kept glancing back and forth between Anna and Samara just as confused as his friend.

''She is Anna, Faiz. My friend from office I told you about for like million times!''
Samara explained feeling irritated at the fact that her husband always forgets faces. She had shown him their group pictures several times and he never seemed to recall those people. She wondered how he was such a renowned lawyer with memory this weak.

''Oh the Anna you always talk about! how could I forget''
Faiz stated with a sense of realization as his wife rolled her big blue eyes still glaring at her little friend.

''How about we both take a walk in the garden, Anna''
It was more of an order than a request as Samara literally decided to drag Anna towards the garden without a second glance at anyone. 

Alihan turned towards his friend with eyes screaming with surprise and confusion. Faiz put his daughter next to him on the couch and she immediately got busy in playing with her little stuff toy unaware of the drama that just took place there. 

''She is gonna kill us both man. You married her dearest friend forcefully.'' Faiz spoke making Alihan's face drain all colors. He knew Samara since their high school days and she could be scary he knew that for sure.

*********************

''How big of an idiot I am. You told me everything but I couldn't guess it was Alihan!''
Samara said more to herself than Anna who was just staring into space sitting on a classic wooden bench in a lush green garden illuminating in the soft moon glow along with artificial lightening coming from the lamps.

''I never told you his name.''
She replied absentmindedly.

''Yeah and I never knew Alihan could go to such extremes just for revenge.'' She declared turning towards Anna who still had her eyes fixed at some distant object. 

''Look, I know this is gonna sound crazy but I can assure you, he might have his reasons which are still wrong, but Anna he won't hurt you anymore. You are safe here, with him''

This made Anna snap her eyes towards her who was looking at her with a small smile. 

Anna stared at her not letting herself believe the words from her friend. She deep down knew she was safe here but she could not admit it to herself, at least not yet. Not anytime soon.