Chapter 15

DEAR READERS,
Here is a new chapter. Don't forget to vote and leave a comment.

Author's POV

As she walked into the office on a cold autumn morning, the cozy warmth enveloped her. The air was thick with the scent of freshly brewed coffee everyone must be enjoying in this cold weather.

Her colleagues greeted her and she replied with a warm smile.

She had hardly taken a step or two when she found Samara walking in her direction with a cup of her favorite hot cocoa.

''Hey, I've been looking for you. Why are you late today?'' She asked, sipping on her drink.

''Well..my bus ran late.'' Her voice breathy as she spoke indicating she must have run from the bus station to the office.

Samara's expression changed to concern and she narrowed her eyes at her. A glint of confusion vision in her eyes.

''Anna where did your driver go? why you came by bus?'' she questioned stepping closer to her.

Anna was taken aback by her question and a frown made its way to her face. She was not supposed to disclose anything to her just yet and she unconsciously did.

''I....My driver, he.....''
she trailed off not knowing how to make up a lie on the spot. This was her friend, hiding from her was one thing but lying? No, she could never lie to her friends.

Anna looked at her who was waiting for an answer while wondering why this little friend of hers always seemed distressed and lost these days.

''Samara I have got something to tell you, meet me at the cafe down the street after work." she finally muttered up enough courage to tell her. She knew she needed it too, to let it all out, to share with a trusted friend and that was what she was going to do.

*********************

The day passed in a blur. She was glad that Alihan did not show up at the office today and rather sent a few people from his management. The meeting with them was mentally draining, his team was strictly professional and highly demanding. She wondered why she doesn't find him like them, intimidating.

She admitted when she first started to live with him she was scared of his presence but with time she was getting more and more comfortable when he is around. He did not intimidate her or make her uncomfortable in any way and if she was honest with herself, she had started to get familiar with him.

However, she could not deny the fact that she had found him arrogant and ruthless several times, after all, he was the man who forced her into marriage.

Straying away her thoughts, she packed her things and walked out of her cabin, her phone vibrated and it showed a notification from Samara.

She hissed looking down at her phone thinking how could she forget Samara who must have been waiting for her in the cafe.

In a hurry, she reached the cafe. Stepping in, she was welcomed by the cozy atmosphere and the aroma of pastries.

She spotted Samara waiting for her on a table in the far corner, their usual spot next to the window.

She walked up to her who had not noticed her until now.

''Hey you are late!'' she complained and Anna passed her an apologetic smile in return.

''What shall I order for us?'' she asked excitedly as if she had been waiting for an eternity to place an order.

Anna's expression suddenly changed to worry knowing that today she did not have enough to afford any delights from this place or any place at all as a matter of fact.