Chapter 25

Dear readers,
Here's a new chapter!
Please vote and comment❤

THIRD PERSON'S POV

The bitter chill of the night air hit Alihan as he left the warm interior of the building and stepped out with heavy footsteps. His eyes scanned the surroundings, and his heart pounded in his chest as he searched for a glimpse of her.

His breath hitched as he found her across the road already. He opened his mouth to call out her name but stopped, feeling it inappropriate to call his wife's name out loud for strangers to hear as well. He would not do that.

He took long strides to reach her, but before he could, a car stopped in front of her, and she hopped in without noticing him.

He stopped in his tracks and stomped his foot on the ground, murmuring a curse under his breath as the car drove away. He took a sharp breath to steady his pacing heart and turned briskly to move towards his car.

He felt this urgent need to talk to her, and that made him drive like a madman as he followed the car she was in.

Meanwhile, Anna placed her head between her hands, taking in a deep breath. She was relieved that she had already booked an Uber ride while at the office.

She had been waiting for that man to finally hand over the confidential file she needed to work on tonight. He was the Financial Analyst of their associate company, and due to the sensitivity of the information, Anna, as an auditor, couldn't risk confidentiality.

It was part of her job to stay and collect the file from him personally. Although she felt uncomfortable under his gaze and sensed something off about him. The evil glint in his eyes and his seductive smile looking down at her told her to leave as soon as possible. 

Besides, there were guards and other staff in the building, although not on the floor they were on. However, she was confident he would never dare to do anything wrong because cameras were installed everywhere.

He was just about to leave after explaining a few important things to her when that vampire arrived. 

What he said about her being alone with a man infuriated him. She felt as if he was trying to convey that she stayed late with a man on purpose. Even if he assumed that, it should not matter to her, but for some odd reason she could not put her finger on, she felt her insides burning at such an accusation.
If she had guarded one thing with everything within her all her life, that was her honor and dignity, and she could never let accusations or assumptions by even the most insignificant people stain her character.
But the case with him was different, he was not even someone insignificant to her, he was no one!

He could never possess enough power for her to care about what he thought of her, but in that moment, she felt rage surging through her, and she blurted out what she was not supposed to say at all.

She brushed away all thoughts from her mind and tried to relax her head a bit, telling herself to think of something else, something better until she reached home.

***************************

Anna paced back and forth in her room, her eyes falling on the coat she had just removed and thrown in the corner. She had only just arrived home, and the moment she entered through the gates, his car followed closely behind. Hastily, she ran inside the house and straight to her room, where she had been pacing for ten minutes now.

Her hands continued to clench and unclench, feeling sweaty. Her head throbbed after a tiring day, but her body couldn't find rest amid the chaos in her mind.