Chapter 19

Dear Readers,
Thanks for reading this story. I hope you will like this chaptet.

Leave a comment as you finish reading and don't forget to vote!

Author's POV

"What's wrong with you, man? Tell me what's the matter?" 

Faiz asked first thing as he barged through the doors and into Alihan's office. Alihan looked up from his laptop for a brief moment and gave him an irritated look. It wasn't something new for his best friend to disturb him like this while he was busy working.

"You've changed. " 

Faiz commented, making himself comfortable on the plush sofa placed in the corner of Alihan's lavish office. Today, he didn't have to go to the office where Anna was, as he had no work there. He felt sad because of this fact, and his day had been gloomy so far. He knew his best friend was going to irritate him with his useless interrogation now.
He could have made an excuse to go there, but he knew how smart she is. She would see through it, and she wouldn't like it. He couldn't bear the thought of making her upset.

"You're not the Alihan I have always known. As your best friend, I can sense a drastic change in you."

 Faiz spoke, capturing Alihan's attention this time. Alihan looked up, narrowing his eyes at Faiz. He then shook his head and focused on a file in his hand.

"I'm still the same." 

He replied, not paying much attention to Faiz, who was now sipping on the coffee he had brought along, and that too only for himself. How ill-mannered! But that was Faiz, only around Alihan, his best buddy.

"Oh, come on! You have changed. There are so many things about you that are not the same anymore."

 Faiz exclaimed, causing Alihan to roll his eyes at this drama queen.

"Like what?" 

Alihan raised an eyebrow, challenging Faiz to explain. He had always looked intimidating yet alluring when he did that. He had noticed that Anna also loved to do the same.
When she raised her eyebrow, daring the other person to speak further, it was one of the most attractive things he found about her. Her brown eyes twinkling with determination, her lips forming an almost-smirk, her cute nose displaying anger, he loved all of that. He loved everything about her.

"Well, for starters, you smile more now, which is a wonder in itself. You don't get as angry at people as you used to, and you've become calmer. And let's not forget how your eyes always shine." 

Alihan froze at Faiz's words because deep down, he knew they were true. Maybe it was really so obvious now.

He had indeed changed. He had never been like this his entire life, even when he had his family with him. Ever since a certain someone with dark brown eyes had entered his life, everything about him had been changing. And in a good way.

The love that resided in his heart was breaking down his hard exterior. She was making him a better version of himself day by day.

"Who are you, man?"

 Faiz added, setting his coffee aside, and Alihan gazed intensely at him. For the first time, he wasn't sure if he should share what was in his heart with his best friend. It was far too precious to disclose to anyone at all.

"If I tell you, you'll tell your wife, and she'll pass this information to my wife. You've already forgotten the bro code since you got married." 

Alihan finally closed his laptop and placed the file back in the drawer, smoothly turning his full attention toward Faiz.