The Damon Game

The next morning felt like deja vu almost as Caroline awoke to the sun against her skin. She knew that she wasn't going to burn but sometimes the fear that her ring had somehow slipped off her fingers during the night always made her jump in the morning. She sat yawning and stretching her body used to trivial human actions. Caroline was surprised when her eyes made their way across the bed but didn't find anything.

Elena and Bonnie had seemed to be gone already, but she couldn't blame them for leaving her be -she had left them the day before.

Her toes had barely grazed the ground when she heard her friends voice from the rooms adjoining bathroom. Caroline looked over her shoulder to find Elena walking out in a fresh outfit. "Hello sleepyhead."

Caroline found that one hilarious, "how are you not dead? You looked horrible last night." She took the last step in waking up by standing on her own two feet. Mindlessly she started to make the bed -used to the morning routine.

"At least I kept my shirt on." Elena smirked knowingly. Caroline creased her eyebrows in confusion, she didn't remember ever getting naked. "Look down." Then she noticed her lack of top. Her bra was the only thing keeping Elena from getting a glimpse of Caroline's bare chest. "What the hell happened to you?"

Finishing off fluffing the pillows Caroline cleared her throat, "I didn't want to wear Klaus's shirt anymore." She smiled reassuringly, "the dare was over so yeah."

Elena watched her a moment more, as if trying to remember exactly when Caroline had taken off the shirt but she didn't seem able. Finally she spoke with concern, "do you want to borrow one? I packed like five."Lighting up Caroline accepted, thankful that Elena had been smarter than her.

The shirt was more of a floral tank-top but definitely Caroline's style. It hugged her chest and flowed out have way down the stomach. It matched her jeans well. Still clinging to the bun from the previous day she brushed out the tangles and threw it back up, not eager to really impress anybody.

Coffee filled her lungs as soon as she reached the hallway. It was odd how homely the Mikaelson manner felt after only two nights. She supposed that if you got drunk enough -anywhere could feel like home.

"Coffee Blondie?" Damon asked, holding up a steaming cup for her to accept. However, Caroline wanted to get home and shower because she felt disgusting. Her hair was in shambles and Elena's borrowed shirt could only last so long until she started to get uncomfortable.

Shaking her head she declined his cup, "No thanks, I need to get home." Rebekah and Klaus were bickering together near the stove, something about how to properly prepare eggs since Matt had told Rebekah he was craving them and she wanted to be endearing. Klaus was picking on her. "Oh Klaus leave her alone."

He turned to look at her, apparently shocked that she would speak to him like that -though it wasn't as if her disapproval of his behaviour was new. "It's not polite to eavesdrop Love." His smirk was teasing, causing Caroline to roll her eyes.

"Whatever." She joked, trying to distance herself from the hybrid. "Elena, Bonnie we're meeting later for prom dresses right?" The glare in Caroline's eyes struck fear into her friends hearts, their only option was yes. "Great! Bye!"

Footsteps followed her, "Caroline!"

She stopped in place to nearly tug out all of her hair, of course it was the last person she wanted to talk to. Or third to last. Tyler and Hayley were currently occupying the top two slots. "What?" She questioned, turning on him.

He didn't seem surprised by her hostile behaviour, "Just wanted to know what you've done with my shirt. It's one of my personal favourites you see, hate to lose it." She watched his eyes scan her body. Caroline knew she should yell at him to keep his eyes locked to hers but thought better of it, Klaus's eyes were always a weakness of hers. "I noticed you changed into one of Elena's shirts. Or rather heard her offer it to you. Thin walls."