Twister

AN: Im losing my inspiration I might start righting another Klaroline Fan Fic idk so just bear with me

She held her breath before she decided to enter the mansion, those five seconds where she kept in her oxygen seemed to last a million years. Caroline wanted to get these games over with, she wanted to tell everybody about Klaus, she wanted to find out what happened with Katherine and Stefan, she needed to give Elena her phone back and figure out why it was in the closet. Everything was piling up so heavily she didn't think even her vampire strength could save her.

The door in front of her swung open to display Klaus's face smirking at her from the other side. "Coming in anytime soon Love?" She rolled her eyes at his idiocy but he knew that she didn't really mean it. "You'll freeze out there."

Caroline pushed past him with a shove of her arm, "It's warm outside." Klaus pretended to stumble away smiling, an expression which she returned. "Besides I was just thinking." It felt stupid to admit out loud to him but Klaus didn't appear to care.

Once the door shut tightly Caroline realized that they were the only two in the entryway. She wanted to wrap her arms around his waist and hold herself close to him but there was always the danger that somebody could spot them. She sighed in upset realizing how boxed in she felt about them being together. Klaus noticed her slouched shoulders immediately and placed a gentle hand on her arm. "What is it?"

At first she bit her tongue, should she say anything? Ever since they'd admitted their feelings Caroline had felt as if Klaus had become this completely different person. One who cared, who surprised her with visits at school and just wanted to announce to the world they were together. She was sure that the their bickering would come in at any second like a bat out of hell. But when she peered up at him she saw the genuine worry in his eyes and her walls caved, "Everything is just really messed up and hard to handle. I just want this over with."

Klaus titled his head as he listened to her and then he said, "well I'm sure it'll all work itself out. It always does." Together they began to move their way towards the living room where the faint voices of Elijah and Elena could be heard chatting. He bent his lips down towards her ear and whispered lowly, "besides once I win this competition you'll be mine, and then it'll be quite an enjoyable time."

Caroline's jaw dropped slightly and she froze in place, the growl of his voice made her spine shiver. He didn't seem to mind her reaction, in fact he began to chuckle at her state of shock and continued walking towards the couch. She internally cursed him, her knuckles balling up into fists. That little shit!

A voice broke through to her, "Care are you coming?" It was Elena, leaning over the back of the couch to call out to her friend. Caroline slowly nodded, eyes meeting Klaus's over the top of the brunette's head.

"Yeah totally, sorry about that." She offered them all a small smile, hoping that it would convince them all of her sanity. Quickly she found herself next to Elena on the couch, laughing awkwardly to make an unbelievably uncomfortable atmosphere.

Klaus noticed her distress and came to her rescue, "so now we're just waiting for our dear friend Stefan." It could have just been there new found stance in relationship that made him help her out but Caroline would like to think he had a soft side about him that he enjoyed showing more than he let on. Or she could be looking way too much into it. "Perhaps he's too wrapped up in my sister to appear."

Elena's mouth fell open and her eyes bulged out of her skull, "What?" Caroline should have been surprised but somehow she didn't think worrying about Stefan and Rebekah was even an issue. She had so many things on her plate that the person Stefan decided he wanted to be with wasn't something she could stack on top. Besides, wasn't that the same situation she was in with Klaus? Weren't Bonnie and Kol? How could she judge them?