Never have I ever

I know its late be I was editing this all day

Caroline as awake at four in the morning because apparently her and sleep were on the outs. She felt herself laying in bed, felt the need to rest weighing her down but every time she closed her eyes nothing happened. She wanted to scream in frustration but unlike her, Bonnie and Elena had managed to close their eyes and were half way to dreamland by then. What had she done to deserve the endless torture? Nothing.

Except maybe get herself caught up in Klaus and all the baggage that he dragged along with him.

But it wasn't as if she'd actually done anything. The two of them had just been swept up in a moment before Caroline realized her mistake. So that was it, they were done. No more sexual glances, no more almost kisses, no more half naked bodies pressed to each other in the hallway. Caroline swore to herself that she wouldn't think about him that way anymore -she couldn't. But as soon as she did she felt something inside of her rumble with -dare she say it?- disappointment.

Caroline sat up in bed finally admitting that she wasn't going to get any sleep that night. She needed to get out of the house, it was obvious that Caroline was weaker within the confines of the manor so in order to think straight she'd have to leave.

Gathering her dress from the floor she pulled it over her head and sighed. The water or whatever it had been had dried but it smelled less than appealing. She hoped that nobody important would see her on her walk of shame. All the lights in the building were out, making her vampire senses take over. She made sure to keep quiet because explaining why she was sneaking out seemed like a hassle that she'd rather avoid, so carefully Caroline tip-toed towards the front door and removed herself from the estate.

The street lights were still illuminating her way as she headed home, her footsteps seemed to be the only sound for miles, which she was grateful for.

Once home she let herself in and made her way upstairs. Her ears could make out the heavy breaths of her mom in the room across from her own and Caroline smiled knowing that Liz rested safely. She hated lying her mom about where she'd been spending her evenings -heck she surprised nobody on the force noticed her heading towards the Mikaelson Manor every night- but it was for both of their benefits. What Liz didn't know wouldn't hurt her, which in return wouldn't cause a fight between the girls and Caroline was happy with that. She'd spent so long resenting her mothers constant work and they were finally in a good place. The Mikaelson's did need to get into the middle of it and screw everything over.

Caroline landed on her bed the moment she entered her room. Slipping under the covers she became more tired than she ever had felt at the manor. It only took a few moments but eventually sleep came to her, carrying her into whatever dream state Bonnie and Elena had been in, except Caroline highly doubted their dreams contained Klaus.

-o-

Her alarm clock signalled her time to wake up but making the choice that she'd rather get some sleep then listen to Mrs. Brigs drone on and on about the french revolution -Caroline hit the snooze button. She rarely actually skipped class so missing one day wasn't going to put her behind too far.

Besides, a cranky Caroline was no fun for anybody.

Whenever she finally did decide to wake up it was one in the afternoon. The sunlight streaming in through her window made a path to the unused book back sitting on Caroline's dresser and she suddenly felt guilty. Her mother would have a field day whenever she found out that Caroline hadn't gone to school -but it was too late anyways. Liz was just going to have to suck it up, the deed was done.

Caroline checked her phone but nobody had called her. She wondered if her friends had taken the day off too, or if they'd realized she needed a couple hours to relax in the throws of her mattress before entering into the hell of the Mikaelson Manor.