°' Chapter 1 '°

3rd Person POV

The sweltering heat scorched down onto the dusty roads, Rounds upon rounds of bullets were being dismissed onto the ground as gunshots rung all around

The sweltering heat scorched down onto the dusty roads, Rounds upon rounds of bullets were being dismissed onto the ground as gunshots rung all around. A small, not readily armed taskforce, inconveniently Y/N's group, were ambushed by what seemed like a whole parade of Hassan's men. Just before it turned into a full blown brawl however, the taskforce was assigned to search for possible locations where the notorious Hassan may be.

Y/N was riding in the back of a truck next to her, well she considered them close friends, but she could never tell with them, but they were all she got. Two other soldiers were in the front of the truck, the one in the passenger seat was pointing rather aggressively at places marked around the map with X's or big red O's.

They were leading the way for a second truck who was tailing behind them, also full of marines, both on a journey to the supposed to be safehouse. The rocky, uneven terrain made the trucks jerk with each movement, to most it would feel quite sickening, but after awhile you get used to it, you kind of have to. Y/N was listening into her crews discussion, occasionally pitching in to voice a suggestion or two. Her eyes travelled to the land infront of them, something caught her eye near a patch of heavy forestation, she was just about to speak up to tell the others when something was thrown infront of the vehicle, there was a second of vague shouting before an ear deafening explosion happened. The truck was flipped onto its side, glass cracked and shattered all around the wreckage and the passengers in the car were thrown around like lifeless ragdolls, Y/N felt a sharp pain near her temple before temporarily blacking out.

When Y/N finally woke up, there was a stabbing sensation to her temple like no other, it felt like a rusty knife piercing through her juncture

When Y/N finally woke up, there was a stabbing sensation to her temple like no other, it felt like a rusty knife piercing through her juncture. Anything she could see was blurry when she came back to conciousness, Squinting she looked at where the other soldiers were in the truck just before flipping, One of them was still in the vehicle, gone lame over the wheel. He was definitely there, just not in the way she hoped, the driver had severe burning, most definitely from the explosion, the other two were missing.

She heard gunfire start-up along with yelling, she needed to get to her feet and help. Finding her courage again, Y/N adjusted herself, the glass shards from the trucks —now completely ruined windows sliced into her, making her bite into the flesh of her bottom lip doing all she could to silence the sickening hiss that escaped her. She attempted to open the car door but it wouldn't budge, thinking, Y/N slid herself into a position where she could kick out the door, giving one good punt the door came loose, before hurrying out she reached down to her holster which was securely on her belt, she didn't have her gun, it must've fell out during the crash.

In a frenzy she began searching, then she heard another wail for help, and she couldn't just leave them for dead. Y/N crawled her way out of the wreckage, ignoring her cut up arms and the bruise which was forming on her temple.
She managed to help herself to find her feet and she quickly looked around, only to find the road littered with corpses of once her comrades in the two trucks and those belonging to Hassans men. Empty gunshells were firing around the place, along with very noticeable bullets firing into anything and everything. She ducked to avoid the fire, using her quick thinking she grabbed the closest gun she could see, which was secured around a deceased member of her taskforce. Before getting behind better cover as she was now just sitting behind the destroyed car, she ripped off a piece of fabric off her torn clothes and tried her best to bandage her arms up, wincing ever so slightly at the stinging sensation.

She searched throughout her vision for any of her squad, Bingo A member of her group was firing nonstop at Hassans men, she quickly recongised who it was, his name was Andrew Langre, Y/N knew he wasn't the sharpest shooter to say the least and he definitely needed backup, they all did. Y/N waited until the perfect moment when most of the attackers needed to reload. Keeping her head low she sprinted across the road, nearly reaching the makeshift barrier made of a wood pallet that he was taking refuge behind when a bullet peirced through her thigh, Y/N let out a yelp as she hastily dragged herself behind the plank, being helped by the TF member.

"Holy shit, Are you alright?" He shouted out enough for her to hear over the shooting.

Y/N breathed in quick, shallow breaths, she needed to put pressure on the wound and she didn't need to be asked questions right now.

"..I'll live" She managed out in a kind of whisper, not even knowing if he heard her, before using more of her torn clothing to wrap her leg.

She had no time to waste though, she would gladly give up her life to save her team, or whats left of them..
She grabbed the gun she had found and began firing.
"Did you see anyone else?" She called to the man next to her

"No, not alive anyway, I didn't even see yo-" Before the guy said the last words of his sentence a bullet flew straight into his shoulder making him jump backwards with the force of the impact, This was the last thing Y/N needed but she couldn't give up, she might be heavily outnumbered but she knew how to shoot a gun since as long as she could remember, and she was hella good at it, even if she did get whacked in the head-.

There was now only a few of Hassans men left, most of them dropped like flies, but Y/N could feel herself getting weaker as blood poured out of her bullet wound, no sign of stopping or atleast slowing down. She thought this was it for her, she begun raining every bullet she had out onto the enemies, she actually hit quite a few, She finally felt her legs give way and she fell onto her back, her eyesight was distorted but she did hear the sound of a vehicle pull up through the gravel before loud shouts of men along with even more gunshots.

Y/N couldn't make out anything the men were saying but she did remember someone running over to her when the shooting stopped, they yelled to someone else before feeling for a pulse, then she blacked out once again.

A/N

short chapter but its more of a prologue before introducing yknow who🤭

-1090 words