°' Chapter 7 '°

It was another boring day, still waiting around until you get word about what to do or where to go next

It was another boring day, still waiting around until you get word about what to do or where to go next. Price was sprawled out on the old couch, watching TV, Ghost was outside, doing god knows what, Gaz was nowhere to be found and Soap had taken the truck to get to the town, it would be a short-ish drive but Johnny could spend hours shopping and going from stall to stall as long as his little heart desires.

You, with nothing else to do, decided to go out in the blistering frost to see what the area has to offer, without the truck, thanks to Johnny. Making sure you were wearing enough to keep warm, you stepped out of the cabin.

Passing Ghost who was leaned up against the side of the cabin, eyes heavy. You could make out what seemed to be a path, it was covered with snow but you could still see the indent of the gravel. So you followed it.
It got tiring. Fast. Each time you brought your foot up from the snow to take a step felt as if you were carrying a weighted blanket on your feet.

(now u see kyles struggle)

Soon enough you were backed up against a tree, head hung back as you took a break. You weren't one for smoking, but every now and again you'd find yourself buying a pack, it would take you a while to finish them though.

You take a long drag from the cigarette between your lips, letting the harshness of the warm smoke enter your chest with ease. The cigarette had nearly met its end, it warmed you up ever so slightly as you continued following the so-called path.

You turn the corner, and guess, who do you see propped up on a rock?

’Course it's him.

"You really have a thing for secluded spaces," Your gentle voice carries from afar, and Gaz is pulled from whatever reverie he was in to the sound of lush sounds of snow flattening under your feet.

He takes a moment as he raises a derisive brow and laughs softly. "Maybe it's to get away from you,"

There was some truth there, he'd been doing his best to avoid you, everytime he saw you talking with Ghost, joking with Soap or discussing something with Price inside the small cabin, it instantly reminded him of what he saw and then that would lead to his head being clouded once again with certain thoughts, he'd try to maintain what's left of his professionalism but it would end up with him running back to the bathroom again. Making some of the others a little concerned with his constant bathroom breaks.

You smirk and move closer, hands in pockets.

He sees to it that you don't miss the way he shifts in some semblance of an invitation.
Smiling, you step out of the Winter sun to fall down beside him against the rock just beside the trunk of the old droopy oak tree. Going on a few decades, if you have to guess. Its winding, lack of leaf-coated branches cast dancing shadows across the ground.

"Fucking hell, traveling drained the soul out of me." You let out a muffled yawn.
He nods, unsure of what to say. Usually he'd have a whole list of ideas but he feels rather embarrassed from what he had done earlier, and yet the image of you still resides a little too comfortable in his brain.