°' Chapter 8 '°

"Ghost, what's your position?" Prices' voice drawls from the radio

drawls from the radio. There's a silence that followed as you alter your position, crouching low as you balance your rifle onto leveled ground.

"You there, Ghost?" It's Johnny who speaks this time, Ghost still didn't answer. You look past the buildings through the scope, trying to find any sign of the masked man.
You cast a glance past the debris of what used to be a home, there he was, surrounded by atleast three goons, guns pointed right at him, by the looks of it they were yelling orders. You line it up so you could take out two men with one bullet.You load the rifle quickly, the palm of your hand slamming the cartridge in as your fingers pull back the bolt handle. Taking a steady breath, the end of your rifle hugs your shoulder as you take aim.

Bang.
You lined it up just right, the bodies fall limp to the ground while other is caught off guard, giving Ghost the chance to get the upperhand, knocking them down swiftly.

Johnny repeats his question, this time recieving an answer-
"Affirmative, call for extraction."
Ghosts voice sounding through the comms, he turned his head in the direction of where the bullets were coming from, giving you a grateful nod.

"What about you Y/N, how's it looking?"
You followed the figure of Ghost, covering for him to make sure he got to the extraction point alright, fingers pressing down on the walkie-talkie.
"All clear, sir."

"Good, we got what we came for. We'll be there in a little under a minute." Kyle informs you. You get up from your hunched position, dusting off your palms as you find your way down the hill you took coverage on.

The team had tracked down Hassan's associate of such, he had quite the reputation, a notorious cocaine distributor. Only problem was, he wasn't there, he fled before you could come close to catching him, but you got some files on where he will be. You were at some falling apart town, it reminded you of the terrain of the training exercise, except people actually lived here. It was corrupt and run by gangs, those of which paid to protect said associate. Those unfortunate civilians who happen to live there are caught up in this criminal rein.

You have to be careful wandering the streets, careful who you aim at, it could be a friendly just passing by or a dishonourable brute looking for trouble.

You just wanted to get the hell out of there as quick as possible, with as little interaction as possible, you're not much help in closer combat, thanks to your stature, unless it's stealth, in that case you're decent because your lighter on your feet. But it's difficult to be stealthy when the streets are either blocked off, swarming with hostiles or patrols wandering every inch of the place, who won't hesitate to shoot anything they see, innocent or not.

Soap had made it to Price and Gaz, followed by Ghost, it's just you now.

Anxiously slipping through the roads, avoiding everyone you saw, most citizens had cleared out- or were rounded up and killed, once the hostiles began their massacre. All because they were looking for you.