°' Chapter 9 '°

You took the child back to the cabin until you could get the care he needs, you didn't normally take victims back to your bases,you swear you broke more than ten rules by doing this, but he had nowhere else to go- and he'd probably wouldn't have m...

You took the child back to the cabin until you could get the care he needs, you didn't normally take victims back to your bases,you swear you broke more than ten rules by doing this, but he had nowhere else to go- and he'd probably wouldn't have made it if it weren't for you.

He was scared of Ghosts mask and big figure, (understandably), Soaps blabbermouth and the weird faces he pulls to try make him laugh, he just doesn't like Gaz and Price is quite fatherly in a sense, but says not to get too attached as he'll have to go someplace he'll be safe.

That means he would only speak to you, even so it took at least four hours trying to get the child comfortable enough to talk. Only giving small nods or one worded sentences, you cant blame him, he went through and saw a lot of what a child should be sheltered from.

You learned his name was Elijah, and as you guessed, he was barely a month over four years old. After you got a small damp cloth and cleaned his face from the mud and grime that had found itself there, he was tired enough to immediately fall asleep on the couch, waking up not even an hour later, but in that hour you managed to have a shower and clean yourself up, Aswell as stitch up the cut on your cheek. Hard part was trying to entertain the kid after going through lists upon lists of games that would help him take his mind off what happened, he decided on hide and seek. -You weren't gonna question it.

He gradually got more playful, as a child should be, and was quickly warming up to the team, even letting Johnny join in-who was surprisingly good with kids; hiding in plain sight, next to a lamp, behind curtains, etc, etc, all the while making Elijahs chest erupt into tight, coiled giggles.

Having a child at the base was a change in the atmosphere, energetic and bonding, as well as touching.

It was his turn to be the seeker, hearing him count down from 20- skipping nearly every second number, you ducked behind a counter where Price and Ghost were discussing what they found from Hassans ally. You had to cover your mouth from laughing as you hid behind your Captain and Lieutenant, soon enough you heard the echoing laughter of Soap as he darts through the house, light footsteps tapping after him. You move slightly as he rounds the corner, making sure to avoid being seen.

"He's gonna see you," Ghost mumbles down to you,
"Yer' going to lose," Price adds with a smirk, which makes Ghost shake his head as he flicks his eyes towards a bedroom, giving you a hint of where to go next.

You look up at him and nod, you wait for the perfect time to make a run for it, Elijah had found Soap and you know for sure he'll rat you out, the young boy moves his head side to side, looking all around the cabin for where you could be, you think you can conceal your hiding spot a little longer- that is until Price motions to Elijah and points to where you were.

Traitor.

You fake a gasp at the betrayal and before he had time to spot you, you ran towards the bedroom. Kyle was relaxing on the bed, his hat pulled down just over his eyes and arms crossed, he was half asleep when you bolted in, the sudden movement waking him up. You put a finger to your mouth, trying to get him to be quiet, the confused look on his face sending you into silent giggles that rack your chest.