20

Kallisto POV

I walk down the grand stairs of the ballroom of the castle, trying to keep my balance in the ginormous blue dress. 
Zion's stepmother, whom I can never remember her name told me I need to rehearse for the coronation, and that all must be perfect, something that I don't really mind, I understand that I need to give people a good impression of me. Which is why I am now going up and down these stairs. 

I take a deep breath when I reach the end and look up at it again, ready to start my journey up. 
The walls will be decorated with silver and gold curtains, the stairs will have a red carpet on them and lots of flowers. Unfortunately, I was not allowed to have any input in it. Something about tradition again, I start climbing up the horrible stairs once more. I asked to leave the windows open during the ceremony, because of the full moon that will be that day but once more, not allowed to, I was told the wind might blow too hard and blow away my royalty something. These traditions baffle me. I am almost at the top when I feel the pain in my chest. I can feel my eyes get watery and a teardrop falls onto my hand, my pain is unbearable. I walk towards the window by the stairs to open it so I can get some air in and then I see the reason for my pain. 

My wolf whimpers at the sight of her mate with his true mate kissing and I take a deep breath. I can't stop myself from looking away. Then I feel two arms lifting me up and walking me down the stairs. The tears are still falling but no sound comes out of my mouth, my ears are ringing and the pain is getting too much to bear. I can't keep my eyes open and soon I black out. 

================================================================================

It's been almost two years. I sigh as I look up at the last leave falling from the tree. The white fluff covering the ground. It's been snowing a lot lately and I have been getting more and more visits from the moon Goddess. It most definitely does not help the fact that she is interested in my brother. I sigh as I look at the ground, I should start removing the snow soon before the boys get home with the groceries. 

I grab the shovel and start cleaning up the driveway so the car won't be stuck in the snow when they arrive, although Josh said that since he changed the tires, the snow doesn't matter, I get bored sitting here all day doing nothing. I barely start when the car arrives and the boys all step out in their hoodies and sunglasses. They don't need the warmth because of their wolf heat, but if anyone in town recognizes them and decided to tell, Zion, we will be in trouble. I sigh remembering my mate. He is the last person I want to see. I lightly touch the mark on my neck and feel the tingles there. The tiny sparks are the only thing that lets me know he is well and alive. I look at the boys all getting the groceries out and bringing them inside, "we were spotted" Harry says and I frown, "But not followed" I release the breath I didn't even know I was holding. 
He kisses my forehead and I smile at him. "Don't worry, we got you"

I walk inside and help put everything away and wash the fruits and vegetables. I also quickly start cooking some meat soup with vegetables, it's hard taking care of wolves, especially male ones. Sometimes they hunt and I only cook for myself, other times I have to cook the meat they bring home.  Not that I mind, but sometimes I miss Zion's food, even though he was a king, he knew how to cook amazing food. 

My thoughts are interrupted when all the boys get up growling by something outside and I quickly grab my silver dagger and run to take a look at it as well, we are all standing outside the house, being as quiet as possible when we hear a howl and they all run towards it leaving me alone. 

"Fucking morons," She says and I roll my eyes, of course, she had to be involved in this. "You'd think that they would be a lot smarter, considering they are decedents of gods, but no" I sigh turning around to face her. "You need to take your place soon Kallisto, or there will be consequences, unfortunately" 

I roll my eyes at that once more "You better stay away from me and my family or the consequences will be for you to handle. Do not think that I will hesitate to bring Olympus down and every single God up there, you included if you dare touch on a hair of those I love, Aega " I spit out her name and she narrows her eyes at me. "And don't you give me those snake eyes, because, unlike the people who worship you for something you are not, I know exactly who you are," I say and she smiles. How much I hate that smile, if my brother didn't care so much about her, I would have killed her a long time ago. 

"And what would you say I am Kallisto, please tell me, I am dying to know," she says while she walks around me like I am her prey. I roll my eyes at her tactics trying to scare me. 

I sigh, loud, bored, "a fucking cunt" I say and leave to go back inside, letting her with her thoughts. I knew that I would soon regret that, I could hear her laughter, but I personally give zero fucks. Aega has gotten on my nerves for too long. 

"You shouldn't say those things to her"