30

It was as if he was holding back, but the minute those words slipped from my mouth, his lips were on mine

It was as if he was holding back, but the minute those words slipped from my mouth, his lips were on mine. The unexpected kiss caught me completely off guard, and for a moment, time seemed to stand still as we shared that intimate moment.

He quickly pulls away, and I look at him, my heart racing and confusion written all over my face. "I am so sorry," he says, his eyes no longer the golden hue but back to their original warm brown. He seems flustered as if he had given in to a moment of weakness."Why did you do that?" I ask, my voice trembling with curiosity and a hint of longing.

He hesitates, searching for the right words. "I couldn't resist the temptation, the connection between us. But it was wrong, and I shouldn't have acted on it like that."As he speaks, a mix of emotions floods my heart. A part of me is exhilarated by the intensity of the kiss, while another part is grappling with the uncertainty of the situation. Before I can say anything else, he's already out of the door, leaving me standing there on the bathroom counter, feeling both cold and slightly wet. 

My mind is a whirlwind of thoughts and emotions, trying to process what just happened.I touch my lips, and it's like I can still feel the lingering warmth of his touch. I smile to myself, not even upset that he left so abruptly, making a mental note to simply ask him about it later. There's a strange allure to this mysterious connection we share, and despite the confusion, it feels strangely right. 

With a deep breath, I lower myself slowly from the counter, holding on to the towel, before exiting the adjoined bathroom. As soon as I step out, I am met with not one, but two pairs of blue eyes staring at me."Goddess sister, you could have at least showered again after your arousal," Michael teases, and I can feel my face heat up. His comment makes me feel embarrassed and flustered, wishing I had a moment of privacy."Ugh, just get dressed, please," Alexander adds with a chuckle, handing me some clothing to cover up. "If he had told us this, I would not have come, but apparently she did."

"Demon!" I hiss at Michael, who laughs even more at my exasperation. I narrow my eyes at him and turn around, heading back into the bathroom to shower again. After another brisk shower, I put on the clothes given to me, and I notice that the shirt is bigger than any of my normal shirts. It feels strangely comforting, like a warm embrace, despite the oversized fit. I walk outside again, and they are now sitting down and talking to Dr. Shayla.
The room feels a bit crowded with the three of them, making me wish I could have some space to sort out my thoughts.
She turns around and looks at me, before slightly bowing, which makes me take a small step back. The boys laugh, making me wish they weren't here right now, feeling slightly overwhelmed by all the attention."How are you feeling, your highness?" Dr. Shayla says, and I cringe, still not used to that part. The reminder of my royalty adds a layer of pressure to an already complicated situation."Just Kallisto, please," I say with a smile, trying to ease the tension. "And, please no bowing, it's weird," I whisper the last part, and she chuckles, making me feel more at ease."I am fine," I continue, trying to regain some composure. "I got dizzy a bit ago because I shook my head too fast, but Zion explained that it is because of the concussion."

Dr. Shayla nods while writing something in her notepad. She then looks at my head and notices that the stitches are not properly dried. She scolds me gently, reminding me to be more careful. Her caring nature makes me feel grateful for having someone like her taking care of me. Just then, Zion walks back into the room with a curly-haired boy whom I have come to know as Harry. Seeing him brings back a sense of familiarity and comfort, and I find myself smiling at his presence.

"That was my fault," Zion admits, walking into the room and giving my forehead a quick kiss before sitting next to Alexander in the corner. "I was supposed to finish her bandages after the shower, but I had to leave for an emergency." Zion looks at the boys and motioned them to stand at the furthest window. They start talking, and I try really hard to read their lips, but Michael gets up and turns them around, blocking my view. He winks at me before also engaging in the conversation, which adds a layer of playfulness to the room.

I huff and hear a quiet chuckle. I look towards the sound, and Harry has amusement in his eyes. His gentle and affectionate demeanor makes me feel more at ease in this unfamiliar situation."Hello Mother," Harry says with a playful grin, and I take a deep breath, the title still so foreign to my ears. The realization of being a mother to him, even without my memories, warms my heart. "I want to introduce my mate, Shayla," Harry says, and my eyes widen along with my smile. The announcement fills me with genuine happiness for him and Dr. Shayla, who is as red as a tomato right now.

"Oh, that is wonderful, Harry!" I exclaim, feeling genuinely happy for him. "Congratulations, darling! I am so happy for you!" 

Suddenly, a commotion erupts outside the room. In a matter of seconds, Zion is by my side, his eyes a deep shade of gold, ready to take on anything. The protective aura he exudes makes me feel safe, like I have someone looking out for me in this confusing situation. "I don't give a shit if she doesn't remember me or her godson," a voice calls out from the hallway. "She is my best friend, and I am going in!" As the door is barged open, a blond woman walks in, followed by two other men, one slightly older with a scar on his face and arms. She is breathing heavily, her straight hair all over her red tear-stained face. She just stares, but the young man moves closer. 

"You are scaring her," Zion warns the younger man who walks forward. "If you take one step closer, I will take drastic measures, and I do not care who you are." The tension in the room is palpable, and I can feel my heart race in response to the intense emotions flowing between them. 

The younger man hesitates, and I can sense the conflict in his eyes. I raise an eyebrow and hold his gaze, asserting my own strength even without my wolf form. I want to be a source of reassurance, despite my own uncertainties. "We are, or were, your best friends," The blind lady says, her voice breaking as she takes a step back and sits on one of the available chairs. Her vulnerability adds to the emotional atmosphere in the room, and I find myself drawn to her pain.

"We were worried," the young gentleman adds, leaning against the wall. "I thought I would never see you again. I thought you wouldn't get to meet your godkids." Their words stir something deep within me, an emotional connection that I can't fully comprehend. My heart aches, wanting to remember the bonds we once shared, even if my memory fails me."I'm sorry," I finally say, tears streaming down my face. "I wish I could remember, but I just... I can't."