36

"That's none of your business, pup," Zion asserts before I can even speak, and I'm silently thankful

"That's none of your business, pup," Zion asserts before I can even speak, and I'm silently thankful. Standing in front of Jacob with the recent memory of what unfolded leaves me speechless.

Jacob shoots a narrowed look at Zion but wisely chooses not to engage further. He strides away, shooting a lingering glance in my direction before disappearing around the corner. I release a breath I didn't know I was holding, the tension slowly dissipating.

"You okay?" Zion's concern is palpable as he turns to me. I manage a nod in response."I got your text," he mentions a glint of amusement in his eyes. The text I sent during that unsettling moment suddenly resurfaces in my mind. "I'm guessing that weird feeling was probably him," he remarks, throwing subtle shade at Jacob that brings a smile to my face.

Zion takes my hand, leading me back to my room. "How's the party downstairs?" I try to shift the focus away from the recent encounter. "Pretty boring without me, I bet," I tease, enjoying his laughter echoing through the hallway.

"Quite dull, my love," he replies, his playful tone making me grin. As we walk, he brings up Jacob. "Do you still have feelings for him? Other than hate, of course." I shake my head, a reassuring smile playing on my lips. Clarifying any doubts in Zion's mind feels necessary after what happened.

"No, I don't. It's odd, though. When I woke up, besides my brothers, he was the only person I could recall. But strangely, I didn't feel the typical emotions of a rejected mate," I explain, and Zion listens intently. I reach out to touch the mark he gave me, causing goosebumps to rise on his skin. "I'm sure the rejection hurt," I add, noticing a wince on his face. "And maybe the new mark hurt too." Curiosity nudges me to ask, and he chuckles in response.

"It did hurt. A lot. I remember you screaming, my wolf and I struggling for control. The more you fought, the deeper he sank his teeth in. And then you marked me, in the wrong place, almost driving me to the edge, only for your wolf to reject my mark," he recounts, and I'm left stunned. His laughter bubbles up, and I struggle to comprehend the humor in the situation. "No need to fret. We came out of it just fine," he reassures, pulling me into a passionate kiss before I can articulate a response.

Oh, how I had longed for this moment. My hands instinctively reach for him, fingers threading through the small hairs on the nape of his neck. The texture beneath my touch makes him groan in approval, a sound that sends shivers down my spine. I press myself closer to him, surrendering to the magnetic pull between us, and he responds by slamming me against the hallway wall with a fervent intensity that leaves me breathless.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that," he apologizes, momentarily breaking the connection. But I shake my head, a silent plea, and pull him back in for another kiss. His hands slip under my shirt, fingers tracing the curves of my waist, creating a symphony of tingles that erupt wherever his touch lingers. "If we continue, I won't be able to stop," he confesses, his voice laced with desire. "You have no idea how much I want you, and my wolf is dying to just have a taste of your skin." As his words hang in the air, a warm tongue glides over my neck, right where my mark is, eliciting a soft moan from deep within me. "So fucking delicious, my love," he murmurs, his lips finding mine once more. His kisses lack a proper rhythm, a deliberate chaos that makes it challenging for me to keep up. "Keep up, baby," he chuckles darkly, and I find myself gasping for air between the onslaught of kisses. In the midst of the passionate exchange, every fleeting moment is a delightful struggle."Jump," he commands, and without hesitation, I comply. He catches me effortlessly, his strength evident as my legs wrap around him. The urgency in his actions reveals his excitement for this connection, and I can't help but moan into his ear, the flames of desire consuming my body, wishing desperately that I were naked.The sensations and emotions intertwine, creating a symphony of pleasure and longing. Every touch, every whispered word, and every shared breath weave a tapestry of passion that I never want to end. In this moment, pressed against the wall with him, I find myself reveling in the intoxicating dance of desire and surrender.