24

Zion P.O.V.

She is sleeping so peacefully in my arms, I can hear little snores come out from her lips, I kiss her forehead tenderly and hear a low growl. I roll my eyes at the annoying Marshall and hold her closer. So many questions are unanswered. I want to wait for her to wake up so I can ask her, but curiosity and confusion are eating at me. I position ourselves better on the couch and pull her closer to me. My wolf purrs in the delight of having our mate closer to us. 

Mine

I sigh and look over at the men standing around us. I told my guards to go home about an hour ago. They should be arriving at the castle in the next 5 hours. The snowstorm started a bit ago so they should be home before it gets too bad. Michael sits down on the chair and I take a look at the Marshal in front of me, he was ready to land a fatal blow on me just two hours ago in order to protect his little sister and I can respect that. Alexander is busy adding more wood to the fireplace. "How long have you guys been here?" I ask and hear a chuckle from Josh. I nod understanding the joke passing between the men in the room. 
They have been here the whole time. The entire time fucking time. "Gabriel will pay for this," I say, and some stiffen. "Oh yeah, I know about it. It is why he is not here today" I finish with a growl and they all keep quiet. 

Harry steps forward, looking at my bruises and shifting from one foot to another. "Sir, if you do not mind, I can see the bruises on your hand and if I am correct, she would have them too. Could I tend to those, please?" I look over at her hands and they are indeed bruised. I nod and he sits on the floor while I hold Kallisto's hand out to him so he can take a look at it. He grabs some ointment that smells horrible and is quick with it and bandages her hands. What the fuck was that?

Once her hands are bandaged, I pull her to me once more. "So what happens now?" Sandro asks and I shrug. I did spend two years looking for Kallisto but those two years also showed me that she did not want to be found. She wanted to live by her own rules and if she still wishes to do so, I will let her. Even if it kills me, I will set her free if it is the freedom that she desires. I will let her go if that is what makes her happy. 

My wolf whimpers, but agrees with me, we have had this conversation before.

Kallisto stirs in my arms and immediately all eyes are on her. 

But that is all it was, a simple stir. 

After that I figured she probably wasn't the most comfortable right now in my arms, as much I enjoy holding her like this, she deserves to sleep comfortably in her bedroom, and as I stand up, so does every other man in here that wasn't already up. I chuckle but decide to hold my tongue for once, also not missing the look of jealousy Sandro has been shooting me this entire time. I hold her tighter just to make a statement and he looks away his jaw clenching in the process. I walk past them and into the bedroom I know was definitely free as it was probably the same one her parents had built for her as a kid. The faint memories of coming here as a child, every time they were on vacation, and shortly after her mother's passing, as it was also one of my favorite places to be during the holidays and it would always get so cozy with the Marshalls. Being the son of a king could be hard, I always understood why my dad couldn't make it to certain trips or why I had to be sent with the beta to his cabin a few weeks after my mother's rejection, or perhaps why my father didn't want to see me because I reminded him too much of her. Nonetheless, the Marshalls always made sure I was included in everything, even going as far as having my socks filled on Christmas mornings, making sure I had a toy on kids' day, and bringing me to egg hunts as well. I smile at the now far memory, never would I have known that I would fall very hard for the little girl I held as a newborn. I chuckle at how fucked up that sounds, even though we are merely just seven years apart. 
I place her lowly on the bed, the small room with pictures of us as kids and some fairy lights hanging around from when she put them up there as a kid, with my help and the help of her brothers. Sometimes I wonder if things would have been different had she not run away following her brothers that night, if we had all grown up together, however, even though we did not, I wouldn't change the way things were for the world. I love Kallisto more than anything in my life. As much as it pains me to see her so close yet so far from me, I couldn't ever hurt her, not take her by force. I tuck her in, slowly lifting her head to remove the pillow from underneath, as I know tomorrow she will end up with a stiff neck if I don't remove it, her hand instantly shoots to underneath her head for support, and that too I slowly lower it to her body and she turns her back to me. I lowly chuckle at her brattiness even asleep. I kiss her cheek and feel the tingles on my lips, closely looking at the moon mark in the middle of her forehead. 

While I know Aega will never give up on her, I am willing to bring Olympus down if my queen so desires.  I feel my beast stir inside me at the realization that while she may not ask, it might be something we will have to do. 

I sigh and turn around to leave when I hear a soft whisper. It was so low that if I didn't have enhanced hearing I would have missed it. 

"Stay"