Opening Night and Tears

Madi's POV:

The next few weeks went quickly. I lost my crutches, and got back to rehearsals. I went on more dates with Theo, and before I knew it, Opening Night was here.

As I was smudging 'dirt' on my face, I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in!" I called.

Josh, Ben, and Sky came in, each holding a vase of flowers.

"Happy opening night!" They said in unison.

They put the flowers on my desk and left.

I chuckled at the boys' antics and finished my costume before going to places with Ben, since we started together.

After Stage Dooring and the Opening Night Party, I crashed on Ben's bed in the hotel.

The boys and I were talking about the show when suddenly, my phone rang. It was Theodore. I answered it.

"Hey! What's up?" I asked.

I don't think I can do this anymore He said.

"Wha-What? Why? Did I do something wrong?" I asked.

I'm sorry, Madi. With you leaving for the tour and all, I don't think that this is going to work out. He stated plainly.

"So, I guess this is goodbye..." I said, trying to keep my voice steady.

Goodbye, Madi He said before hanging up.

I dropped my phone and let out a sob. Warm tears ran down my face. It felt as if my heart had shattered. I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around me as I sobbed and sobbed. One of the other boys grabbed my hand and squeezed it in an attempt to brighten my spirits. It didn't work. Nothing worked. I was broken, empty. 

I finally looked up and wiped my eyes to see that Ben was the one hugging me, Sky was the one who grabbed my hand, and Josh was just looking at me, concerned.

"Madi, what's wrong?" Sky asked gently, evidently worried.

"Theodore br-broke up with m-me," I sobbed.

"Oh, Madi," Ben sighed sympathetically, tightening his arms around my shoulders. "We're here for you, okay? I am, Sky is, Josh is, and the rest of the cast is too. You're not alone, okay?"

I nodded, taking deep breaths to calm myself. "It was just so unexpected. He said that it wouldn't work out because I was leaving for tour on Saturday."

"Hey, if he really was the one," Sky said. "He wouldn't have let you go. Any guy would be lucky to have you, and if he broke it off just because you aren't going to be in the same state as him, then he's not the perfect one for you. But, somewhere out there, the perfect guy is waiting, looking for the girl who will make him a better man. He's looking for you, Madi."

I sniffled and chuckled. "You're right. See, this is why I hang out with you doofuses. Now, I'm gonna head to bed, if thats okay."

"Good night, Madi," the three boys said in unison.

"Good night, boys," I responded.

A/N - 

Fun Fact: While I was writing the part where Theodore breaks up with Madi, the song A Thousand Years by Christina Perri was playing. 

Thanks for reading! Love you guys! Bye!