6 months later

Madi's POV:

The last 6 months had been amazing! Brook got off her crutches and back to performing about a month ago, her and Ben were as happy as could be, Josh had a new girlfriend - Eliana, who played flute in the pit orchestra, and Sky and I were still together and happy.

That was until she showed up.

It was after our Sunday afternoon Matinee, we were in Illinois, near 6 Flags. So, of course, we went to have a little fun. We got to ride a ton of rides, eat GREAT food, and even play games. It was SO much fun. We had just gotten back to the hotel. It was like 10-ish, and we decided to go swimming.

It was Ben, Brook, Josh, Eliana, Sky, and Me. Since it was so late, we assumed the pool would be empty, and it would be just us. But, there she was. My mother.

"Madison! Oh, it's so great to see you darling," she gushed.

"I wish I could say the same," I replied coldly, sticking to Sky's side.

"What are you doing in Illinois?" She asked, seemingly ignoring my previous statement.

"I'm on tour for Newsies," I told her plainly.

"A performer?" She asked, disappointment overcoming her face. "Oh, Madi dear, you could be so much better than that. And don't tell me this is your boyfriend?"

She motioned to Sky.

"He is my boyfriend," I told her. "And I love him. Just like I love performing. No matter what you say."

"Do not speak to me like that, young lady," She threatened, grabbing my wrist and harshly pulling me towards her. "You could do so much better. In both your career and your love life."

"No, I couldn't, but you could have done better as a mother," I told her.

I began to walk away, but she tightened her grip on my wrist and spun me around to face her.

"Now you listen here, young lady," She spat. "I left for a good reason. Your father. He didn't care about me, or - or-or love me. All he wanted were his pills and his alcohol. So I left."

"Well, you shouldn't have," I told her, raising my voice. "After you left, his addictions got worse. When he was drunk or high, he would become violent towards me. I was 3! And I still have the scars from where he threw stuff at me and cut me. So you have no right to talk about not being appreciated and loved. But I do. My whole childhood, I felt unappreciated, unloved, and unworthy. I couldn't keep a foster family. No one wanted me. Until Ben and his family came around. Not even a year after fostering me, they adopted me. They love me. You don't, and you never have, and you never will. So leave me and my friends alone."

I wrenched her hand off my wrist and walked away, the others right behind me.

Sky's POV

As I was leaving to follow Madi, her mother grabbed me and turned me around to face her.

"I want you to break up with me, daughter," she told me. "She deserves so much better than you, and you know it. So end it now, or you and every one of your friends are in danger."

I nodded, tears filling my eyes. I went back to my room and grabbed out my phone, immediately calling Madi.

Hey, Sky. What's up? She asked. Where are you?

"I can't do this anymore!" I blurted out. "Your mother was right. You can do so much better than me, and we both know it. I'm sorry, Madi."

I hung up before collapsing on my bed and letting all my tears out. The hardest thing about this situation was that I was right. She could do so much better than me.

BENS POV

"Hey, Sky," Madi said, answering the phone. "What's up? Where are you?"

Sky said something over the phone, and by the time he supposedly hung up, Madi was in tears.

"Madi, what's wrong?" I asked her, worried, rushing over to where she stood.

"He-he broke up w-with me," She sobbed. "He said I could do so much better than him, and he b-broke up with m-me."

"Oh, Madi," I sighed, engulfing her in a hug that was quickly joined by Josh, Eliana, and Brooklyn.

After a few more minutes, Josh and I left so Madi could have some 'girl time' with Brook and Elli.

Immediately, Josh and I ran down the hall and burst into Sky and I's room.

"Dude, what the heck is wrong with you?" Josh exclaimed. "You broke the poor girl's heart!"

"I spoke the truth," Sky sighed. "She can do better than me."

"No, she can't!" I yelled. "She loves you, Sky! I've seen her fall for guy after guy and date dude after dude. But, when she's with you, she's different. You make her happy! You know what, I can't deal with this right now. I'm rooming with somebody else tonight."

I stormed out, going up a story and knocking on the door to Jeff and Anthony's room. Jeff opened it to see me, probably looking like a mess, in my swim trunks outside his door.

"Hey, what's up?" He asked.

"Can I bunk with you guys tonight?" I questioned. "I can't deal with Sky right now."

"Yeah, of course, come in," he said. "What did Sky do?"

"He broke up with Madi," I sighed.

"Aw, heck no!" Anthony exclaimed. "Let's beat 'I'm up."

"Just wait 'til morning," I told him. "I'm too exhausted to think eight now."

And with that, I collapsed on the little couch and fell asleep.