The Truth

Madi's POV

I woke up to my phone alarm blasting King of New York.

I grabbed my phone, turned off my alarm, and checked the time.

4:30

Early mornings were the worst part about tour.

I crawled out of bed and threw on a pair of black leggings and a sweatshirt.

After brushing my teeth and tying my hair up in a high ponytail, I did a quick sweep of the room, to make sure I didn't forget anything, laced up my white high-tops, and went down to the lobby. The boys were sitting there, and nearly everyone was in small groups, except Sky. He was sitting alone, eyes glued to a wall on the other side of the lobby.

I sat down on a couch, pulled out my phone, and started scrolling Instagram.

A little while later, we started boarding the bus. I was at the end of the line, and when I got on the bus, there was only one seat left.

The seat next to Sky.

I awkwardly sat down in the seat next to him. He seemed just as awkward as I was.

A little bit after we started driving, Sky turned to me.

"Madi, I need to talk to you," He said.

I turned off my phone, turned towards him, and motioned for him to continue.

"Look, Madi, I'm sorry," He told me. "I'm sorry for breaking up with you. It was the worst mistake I've ever made in my life. I love you, Madi. I still love you. The reason I broke up with you in the first place was your mother."

"My mother?" I asked.

He nodded. "That day, when we ran into her, she grabbed me just as I was leaving. She told me to break up with you or else everyone you and everybody close to you was in danger. I couldn't risk it. I needed to keep you safe."

"Sky," I started. "You only broke up with me because of her?" He nodded. "Sky, you don't have to be afraid of her. She's not in her right mind. She has no control over me. She doesn't have legal custody of me. And... if I'm being honest.... I still love you too."

He smiled softly and leaned towards me.

Then, just like that, his lips were touching mine. I felt fireworks, just like the first time we kissed.

"Guys! Look!" Someone exclaimed.

Sky and I broke apart and leaned our foreheads on each others.

"Will you be my girlfriend again?" He asked me.

I nodded softly and he kissed me again.

"So, are you guys back together?" Ben asked expectantly.

Sky and I nodded.

"Finally!" Josh exclaimed. "If you two didn't do something soon, I was gonna take matters into my own hands."

I shook my head and cuddled up against Sky, falling asleep in a matter of minutes.

---------------------

Sky's POV

I smiled softly at Madi, who was sleeping in my arms. I finally gathered up the courage to tell her that I still loved her, and now, we were back together.

I was happy.

She was happy.

Everything was perfect.

What could go wrong?

Thanks for reading!

Love,

Lucky🥰