Sky's Surprise

Madi's POV:

"Where are you taking me?" I giggled as Sky led me, blindfolded through the hotel.

"I told you: You'll know when we get there! It's a surprise!" He exclaimed with exasperation.

I groaned, but stayed quiet the rest of the way. When we got there, Sky let go of my hand and went to untie my blindfold.

"Surprise!" Sky breathed as he pulled the blindfold off. 

We were on the roof. He had laid out a red and white checkered picnic blanket with some snacks and drinks. Around it, he had scattered rose petals and placed tea lights.

After a moment of my stunned silence Sky spoke up, "Do you like it? You haven't said anything, and that worries me. Dang it, Ben was right! This is too cheesy! I should have done something simpler! I'm sorry. I-"

"Sky!" I cut him off. "I love it. Wha-what is all this?"

"A date?" He said timidly, although it sounded a bit more like a question.

"Is this your way of asking me out?" I asked half-teasing.

He rubbed the back of his neck and whispered shyly, "Yeah."

I grabbed his hand, and we sat down, enjoying some wonderful snacks and desserts and just talking. Talking to Sky felt so natural, like we had known each other forever. Is it possible to have met someone not even 1/2 a year ago, and yet, you find yourself hopelessly in love with them, falling more into love's snare every minute, every second you spend with them.

"I had a really great time tonight," Sky said as we were about to go back inside. "But there is one thing that I was kind of hoping for."

"Well then, I hope it's the same thing I'm hoping for," I whispered, leaning towards him.

I don't remember exactly how it happened, or who made the first move, but before I knew it, his lips were on mine. As soon as we connected, I felt fireworks going on inside my heart. This kiss was short, but sweet.

"I've been wanting to do that for a long time," I confessed.

"So have I," Sky responded, before kissing me again, more passionately this time. 

I bit my bottom lip as we pulled away, foreheads touching. A faint blush dusted Sky's cheeks.

"Madison Amelia Cook, will you be my girlfriend?" He asked, timidly.

"Yes," I breathed, kissing him once more. 

"YES!" I heard someone yell. Me and Sky quickly jumped apart. "BOYS, OUR SHIP HAS SAILED!"

It was Josh. Was I surprised? Not one bit.

Slowly, boy after boy started to make their way over to me, hugging and congratulating me.

"-but if you hurt her-" I heard Ben say to Sky.

"I know, I know," He sighed. "You, Josh, Jeff, Dean, Nico, Demarius, Steph, Brook, Meredeth, Mel, Wren, Dan, Zachary, Chaz, Iain, Anthony, the other Anthony, and everybody else who I know, yet am not currently in the mood to name, will have my head."

"Exactly," Ben said. 

"SO HERE'S HOW IT GOES ONCE WE WIN, AND WE WILL BE WINNING, MAKE NO MISTAKE!" Jeff screeched.

"WE'LL BE WHAT?" Chaz responded.

"WE'RE ALREADY WINNING!" Jeff told him.

The two continued the song, with the help of Brooklyn and Anthony R, as everyone else continued talking, joking, laughing, and just having fun. We were a family. 

Our little 'party' was over when Meredith came up to the roof and ordered everybody to their rooms. 

Choruses of 'Yes mom's were heard throughout the boys as they slowly dispersed to their rooms. 

That night, I collapsed on my bed, exhausted, giddy.

I'd only known Sky for a little over 3 months, yet every day, every hour, every minute, I felt myself fall more in love with the boy. I loved all of him. From his messy, red hair, his chocolatey brown eyes, to his heart, and how he treats everyone he meets with love, respect, and dignity.

-------------------------------------

Sky's POV:

After our little 'party' was broken up, Ben and I went back to our room and collapsed on our beds. I was giddy, like a little kid coming home from the fair. I kissed her. And she kissed me back! This day could not have been any better.

I know I had only met Madi a little over 3 months ago, and I may not know everything about her, but there is one thing I know for sure: I love her. 

I love her gorgeous red curls. I love her emerald green eyes that sparkle with hope, with joy, and that light up when she gets excited about something. I love the freckles that dot her face. I love the way she treats others with love, kindness, respect, and trust, even just after meeting them. I love how passionate she is about her job. About acting. About dance. About singing. I love how much she loves her family and her friends. How she values people and stands up to make sure everyone feels seen, heard, and loved.

A/N -

Whoo! That was exciting! Sorry if it's trash. I'm not even a teenager yet, so I don't know what it feels like to be in love or to kiss someone. Thanks SO MUCH for reading, and keep commenting! I love hearing what you guys have to say. Pretty soon (hopefully tomorrow). I will update my other stories and hopefully get a start on some of the new ones I am planning. 

The first new one will be titled "Brooklyn's Here." It will be about Brooklyn, the other girl on tour, and her side of the story. I don't know if Madi will be in the story or not. If she is, she'll probably be in a different show. I have not started writing this one yet, but I hope to in the near future.

My other new story will be titled 'Making Headlines' or something similar. It will be about Samantha 'Sam' Conlon and her love life. Being called Lucky doesn't mean she is always lucky. Until she meets him. He's a 'Hatten newsie. He comes 'round from time to time to play cards with her brother. He always has a cigar, yet never seems to actually smoke it. His name is Race. Racetrack Higgins.

Anyway, if you like this story, you should definitely check out my other stories. Updates will be periodical and not on any schedule, basically just whenever I have free time and feel like writing. I really do appreciate you guys! Thanks for reading!

The end!

Your friend,

Your best friend,

Your sister,

Me!