Katherine

"Oh my gosh!" I exclaimed.

"What? What's wrong?" The boys exclaim, running into my room.

"First off: how did you guys get here so quickly? You all live downstairs," I started. "Second off: I have really big news!"

"Yeah, we got that," Sky responded. "Now, are you going to tell us what it is? Or did we run all the way from Jeff and Anthony's room for nothing?"

"I'm playing Katherine tonight!" I told them happily.

"Oh my gosh! That's amazing!" Sky exclaimed.

He hugged me around my waist and picked me up, spinning me in a circle. I squealed and latched my arms around his neck. He set me down, but we stayed in the hug a bit longer before hesitantly letting go.

I quickly got hugs from Ben, Josh, and Brook before somehow ending up next to Sky once more. He grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. I leaned my head on his shoulder, and the 5 of us continued in light conversation for a bit before heading to the theater.

-----------------------------------------

"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!" I panicked from my spot next to Josh as Dan and Zachary sang Santa Fe.

Josh turned towards me and put his hands on my shoulders. He looked in my eyes and said, "Madi! Madi, look at me. You're going to do great. Now let's go."

He held his arm out, and I linked mine in his. We walked out on the stage together, not as Madison and Josh, but as Katherine and Darcy.

"Why, hello, hello, hello beautiful," Nico exclaimed.

"Woah, step aside, Romeo," Dan told him. "Nothing more concerns you here. Good morning, Miss. Might I interest you in the latest news?"

"The paper isn't out yet," I explained, motioning towards Josh to keep going.

"I'd be delighted to deliver it to you, personally," Dan said, stopping us.

I briefly held Josh back from attacking him before stepping towards Dan once more.

"I've got a headline for you," I sassed. "Cheeky boy gets nothing for his troubles."

As the boys continued their follow-up dialogue, Josh came around me, and we linked arms once more, continuing off the stage.

----------------------------------------------------

"Is that even legal?" I sang. "Look, just go and get her!"

----------------------------------------------------

Act one went great! I didn't miss a single cue, and my solo went perfectly!

"Madi!" Sky exclaimed, running towards me just after intermission started.

He hugged me, picking me up and spinning me in a circle. He put me down before quickly apologizing and running off to get his tap shoes for King of New York.

I ran back to my dressing room, getting many 'good jobs' and congratulations on the way. When I got to my dressing room, I saw 4 vases of flowers.

The first one had white roses. A note was tied around the neck of the vase with a teal ribbon. It read:

You really are the Queen of New York! You are so great, and I am so lucky to get to see my little sister on a daily basis! You are killing it as Katherine! Can't wait to tap dance with you! Love you!

Love,

Ben Tyler

The next vase held pink roses and had a yellow ribbon. This note read:

You are killing it out there, girl! I'm so glad to have the opportunity to work with such a sweet, talented, kind young lady such as yourself every day! Can't wait to 'Watch what Happens'! I'm so excited to do another scene with you! You're doing so great!

Love,

Joshie B.

The third vase held yellow roses and had a pink ribbon. I picked up the note and read it aloud:

Dear Madi,

Greetings from the refuge.

How are you? I'm okay?

Guess I'm not really much help today.

I got a case of the flu.

Oh yeah, Mads, this is Stephanie, by the way.

All those boys really care,

I heard they helped pin curl your hair!

I can't really think of anything else for the middle part of the song, but I just need to tell you this;

Madison Cook, you are an amazing human being. I'm so lucky to get to work with, learn from, and be friends with someone so beautiful, smart, independent, and kind. I really do love working with you, and I'm sure you're doing a great job as Katherine.

Anyway,

I'll be fine,

Good as new,

Yeah, but there's one thing I need you to do.

On the rooftop, you said that a family looks out for each other,

So you tell all the fellas from me to protect one another!

The end.

Your friend.

Your BEST friend.

Your sister,

Stephanie

I chuckled softly at Steph's note before moving on to the last vase. This one had blood red roses. My favorite. I grabbed the note from the white ribbon and read it:

Madi,

It's Sky. I know I'm most likely not with you in person when you're reading this, but just know I'm thinking about you. You are killing it as Katherine! I think you might just steal Stephanie's job. I am honestly blessed to get to hang out with you every day. You are so sweet, kind, passionate, considerate, talented, and caring, and I could go on and on. You are probably the most amazing person I have ever met, and I'm so glad I get to go on tour with you. I look forward to spending the next 2 years with you, traveling North America. I'm really sorry, but I have to go now. Ben and Josh are starting to read over my shoulder. Anyway, I have a huge surprise for you after the show. I guess we'll have to just watch what happens.

Love,

Sky F.

After rereading Sky's note a few times and almost crying, I heard the five-minute call for Act Two. I quickly slipped on my tap shoes, laced them up, did a few steps to warm up, and went to places.

---------------------------------------------

After bows, I ran off the stage into Sky's arms.

"You did so great!" He exclaimed, lifting me up off of the ground.

"Hey, Sky," Ben said from behind me. "Can I see my sister? Or are you going to steal her for the rest of the night."

Sky let go of me and pretended to think.

"I think I'll steal her," He concluded before proceeding to pick me up, throw me over his shoulder, and carry me to the boys' dressing room.

Eventually, the boys and I went out stage-dooring before finding our way back to the hotel.

Little did I know what Sky was planning for me that night.