Him

Madi's POV

You know what? Bekah was right. If Sky really was the one for me, he wouldn't have broken up with me. Right?

Ugh! Why do relationships have to be so difficult?!

I fixed my makeup to make it seem that I hadn't been crying and got dressed. I threw on a pair of jeans and my Newsies shirt.

I left a note to Brook and Elli explaining where I went before heading out and going down the elevator.

The crisp November air hit my face as I stepped out of the hotel lobby. Wishing I had grabbed more than just an old sweatshirt, I continued on my way towards Starbucks.

I went in and ordered my usual, a Strawberry Creme Frappuccino with extra whipped cream with a cinnamon rill and sat down at a table to enjoy my breakfast.

"Hey, is this seat taken?" A voice asked me after a few minutes.

I looked up to see a boy who looked to be around my age standing there.

He had dark brown hair that was brushed backwards, and his eyes were a mesmerizing shade of Brown. Almost the same shade as Sky's. No, Madi! Don't think about him. He dumped you!

"Uh, no," I stuttered quickly. "Sit down."

"Thanks," the boy nodded. "I'm Jaxon. And you are?"

"I'm Madi," I told him. "So, are you from around here?"

"Nah," he shook his head. "I mean, technically, I do live here, but I'm in the system, and I get relocated about every 2 months, so... yeah."

"I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed. "I know how you feel. I used to be in the system, too. But don't worry, one day somebody will adopt you. I'm sure of it. So, um, how old are you?"

"I'm 17," He stated.

"Oh, cool," I said. "Me too, but I'll be 18 in a few months."

We continued talking for a bit and even exchanged numbers before I had to leave to get to the theater. We had a 2 show day today. One was at 2 and the other was at 6:30.

"Hey Madi!" Josh exclaimed when I walked into my dressing room. "Where were you?"

"Two things, 1) Why are you in my dressing room? Aren't you supposed to be getting ready? And 2) I was at Starbucks," I told him

"Uhuh, and why are you so smiley?" He questioned, half teasing.

"That is for me to know, and you not to know," I told him.

All afternoon/evening, I was thinking about Jaxon, yet somehow, my thoughts always strayed back to Sky. He was just... better. I couldn't explain why or how, Sky was just special.