Stagedoor drama

Madi's POV:

We had just finished performing in Milwaukee at The Riverside Theatre, one of my favorite buildings downtown. I went out to the stage door.

I was signing playbills when I saw him. He was just standing there.

"Are you Madison James?" He asked.

"It's Madison Cook," I replied coldly.

"Oh, Madi, I haven't seen you in so long!" He exclaimed. "You look so grown up!"

"Like it matters to you anyways," I responded, with an edge to my voice. "You weren't there to see me grow up, so why should you care if I'm grown up?"

"Because I'm your father," He told me, raising his voice slightly.

I shook my head at him. "No, you're not my father. My father is the man who adopted me 6 years ago, not the man who abused me when I was a toddler."

Ben, Sky, and Josh walked over. 

Sky wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me close to him. Ben put a hand on my shoulder. Josh just stood there, like a bodyguard.

"Madi, babe, who's this?" Sky asked.

"I'm her father," He replied, glaring at the boy. "And you 3 are?"

"I'm her brother," Ben said.

"I'm her non-biological brother," Josh told him.

"I'm her boyfriend," Sky responded, pulling me closer to him and kissing the top of my head.

"Now, if you don't mind," Ben started. "We have playbills to sign."

"Madi wait!" He exclaimed. "At least... at least come to lunch with me on Friday. I just want to talk to you."

He sounded so sincere.

"Fine," I sighed. "I'll be there. Chipotle at noon, sharp."

"Come alone," He growled.

"I will," I told him before walking away with the boys.

A/N-

As you can clearly see, I am using my extensive knowledge of Milwaukee in this book.👍