I hate hospitals

3rd Person POV

Ben was woken much earlier than he would have liked by his phone ringing.

"Hello?" He muttered groggily, answering the call from the unknown number.

"Hello, is this Benjamin Cook?" A kind woman's voice asked from the other end of the call.

"Yes, it is," Ben responded, starting to wake up. "How may I help you?"

"I'm calling about your sister, Madison," the woman replied. "She was riding in a cab when a semi truck slipped out of control on the ice and hit her. She is currently in critical condition at Fairpoint Public Hospital."

"Th-thank you telling me," he sighed, tears filling his eyes.

He hung up the phone and got up. He washed his face in the bathroom, trying not to wake up Jeff and Anthony but failing.

"Ben, what's going on?" Anthony asked. "It's 6 in the morning - wait... why are you crying? What's wrong?"

"It's Madi," Ben choked out. "She got in a car accident, and now she's in the hospital in critical condition."

"We'll get the other boys and the girls," Chaz told him. "Go."

Ben ran down the stairs and straight to his and Sky's room. He threw on a pair of sweatpants and a t shirt before slipping on some Crocs and leaving the room.

He ran outside, hailed a cab, and got to the hospital as soon as he could.

Running up to the front desk, he exclaimed, "I need to see Madison Cook! What room is she in?"

"I'm sorry, sir, it's family only," the receptionist sighed.

"I'm her older brother, Ben Cook!" Ben told her, exasperated.

"She's in room 362," the receptionist said.

Ben thanked her before quickly turning and going up to the third floor.

"I hate hospitals," he muttered to himself as the elevator started to rise.

After landing on the third floor, he immediately found room 362 and opened the door, scared of what he was going to find.

Madi was lying there, unmoving, on the white hospital sheets. The whole right side of her body was covered with scratches accompanied by a few on her left side. She was connected to 20 some machines and was barely breathing.

"Ah, you must be her brother, Ben," a doctor said, walking over to him. He nodded numbly. "I'm very sorry to be the one to tell you this, but in the accident, she suffered spinal injuries. Unfortunately, this means that she will lose all function of her right leg below the knee and, most likely, will never be able to dance again."