The Gala: Part 1

A/N: 'Ello there! I'm back! This time I am doing the Royalty AU that was in my three choices in the Halloween One shot. This idea was Sorta based from the idea of Winnowing Galas from the KOTLC book series, so good day and read the one shot!

Lightning Girl's POV:

Aru thought this was ridiculous. Why the hell should she go to a random Gala, just to not get chosen by the prince?

Ok. Let's back up.

Aru is a princess. And she hates it. She'd rather be in pajamas all day instead of itchy, horrible dresses. Okay, Nikita makes the dresses part a bit better (SHE PUTS POCKETS!! ALL DRESSES SHOULD HAVE POCKETS!!).

At least once a month - starting when she was 16 ( she's 18 now) - she has been going to Galas throughout the country. That's like 24 Gala's she's been to! Galas are basically balls that take place in some princes castle, and a bunch of princesses(and their family) are invited, and the prince, after the ball, chooses who their bride is going to be. Mini has already been chosen by Prince Rudy of Naga-Loka, and the twins weren't of age yet.

This Gala was Prince Aiden Acharya's. He is the prince of the one of the biggest kingdoms in the world! Aru though, paid no heed to this, and was annoyed either way.

"Your highness, the Gala is in 2 hours; you need to get ready," Aru's maid, Sophia, said. Aru sighed as she turned around to face her 33 year old maid. "How many times have I told you to stop calling me that?" Aru asked. She took the dress which was in Sophia's arms and the young woman walked out the door.

The dress was a dark green. It had gold details throughout the dress. Thank you Nikita Aru thought.

Aru quickly slipped on the dress and a pair of white gloves and called Sophia to do her makeup

Aru quickly slipped on the dress and a pair of white gloves and called Sophia to do her makeup. This was a usual occurrence, and Aru was very used to it. Sophia entered the room with a makeup palette in her hand.

The eyeshadow was gold and faded into a maroon-ish color. The eyeliner was simple.

The lipstick was a light red

Sophia put on a light layer of blush and started doing Aru's hair

Sophia put on a light layer of blush and started doing Aru's hair. She intricately weaved it into a French braid crown.

 She intricately weaved it into a French braid crown

By the time this was over, it had been an hour. It took 45 minutes to get to the palace. Aru quickly slipped on her bracelet, an got into the carriage to go to the palace.

Aiden I-am-an-artiste Acharya's POV:

Aiden thought this was unfair. He was supposed to meet someone in one night, hopefully thinking that they will be the one he wants to marry and love! That's practically impossible! Nevertheless, it was a necessity for princes to do this.

At that moment, He was in the ball room of the castle, helping to prep for the Gala. It was the most fancy he'd ever seen the room.

"Hey! Ammamma! I was looking for you!" A voice called. Aiden turned around to see his best friend, Brynne Rao aka the chef. "So, Malini wanted me to ask you if you could quickly go to the throne room,".

"Sure, I guess" Aiden responded.

"Also, should I make my famous lasagna so we can eat it later?"

"Make sure no one knows about it, I'll see you in three hours"

Brynne playfully saluted as she went back to the kitchen.

Aiden walked down the halls of the castle, fidgeting with Shadowfax the whole way down to the throne room. He opened the door and walked in.

"Mom, you called?" He asked his mother who was currently talking to one of the guards. She sent to guard away when she heard her son's voice.

"Ah, yes sweetie. So, as you know, your Gala is starting in half an hour, and I want you to try to talk to the other girls," Malini pleaded.

"I will, mom" Aiden responded.

"You're gonna have to dance with all of them,"

Aiden's eyes widened. "All of them? Aren't there like a hundred or something?"

"68. There are 68 princesses coming. And maybe not all of them, but most,"

Aiden groaned. "Are you kidding?! My legs are going to die today!".

"Come on! Just for today! And then you choose a bride, and happily ever after you go!"

"Like that worked for you and dad," Aiden muttered while running a hand through his dark brown hair.

"Aiden," Malini said in that dangerous tone which mothers use to get what they want.

"Fine!" Aiden sighed. The prince walked out the door .

TIME SKIP

Pikachu's POV:

The Gala had started. Aru was rushing through the halls as fast as she could, because the traffic was horrible, and a princess should never be late. Running in a dress was particularly difficult though. Somehow, she made it to the ballroom - there was a lot of noise coming from there - without tripping or falling, until when she reached the last step down the stairs entering the ballroom.

She fell........................................................................ ....................................................................................................................................right into the hands of a boy.

This boy, had dark brown hair, with eyes you could get lost. His arm had caught Aru right at her hip, as they stood there, in that position, staring into each others eyes. After realizing what position the two were in, Aru quickly got up, blush spreading across her face like a wildfire. "I am so sorry!" She apologized. Wow, she just apologized! She never did that!

The boy scratched the back of his neck (Aru could have sworn she saw blush get retracted from his cheeks), and said "It's fine, really,".

Aru could feel a couple of glares on her back. Why were people glaring at her?

Aru held out her hand "I'm Arundhati Shah, you can call me Aru, and I'm the princess of the Kingdom of the Sky. May I ask who you are?".

The boy looked startled at the fact she didn't know who he was and then took Aru's gloved hand and said, "Alright Shah, I'm Aiden Acharya,".

A/N: And our favorite ship has met! This is probably the quickest I've ever done a one shot in this book before. It's also one of the longest, being over a 1000 words long. The longest is the Halloween one. I am going to make a part two, but I am definitely going to make a one shot or two in between, for the suspense-ish-ness. I'm making the Hanaki AU as the next one shot. Good bye!