Robin Hood AU Book Sneak Peek

A/N: So this is the first chapter of this new book I'm making. It's called "Prevail and Rise". It's an Aru Shah fanfiction (of course) and I'm making it on this account. I've already made the cover and the description and all the beginning of the book stuff. I'm making the mood boards for each character, a.k.a the Potatoes.

This is another idea I got from KOTLC fanfics (Specifically "The Moonlark"), and a bit from Pinterest because I was scrolling and found some costumes which gave me the idea.

Also, The Sleeper is a bit more Suyodhana than Sleeper in this. He's a pretty good dad.

"Solaris, I hear them!" Aru called out to her sister. "I see troops too! We got to go Lightning," Kara called back. Aru quickly ran through the woods and mounted her horse, Thunder, a gray stallion. "Portal or Hoverboard?" Kara asked as she caught up with Aru on her Mare, Solar. "Maybe a Hoverboard. Vajra's got some new tricks. It's a bit excited," Aru replied. Vajra shocked her in anticipation. Aru's hair rose and she took one hand off the reins to put it back before it could throw her hood off.

Just as the duo were about to reach the cliff, a voice called out from beside them. "Halt in the name of the king!". The horses stopped on command. "Send the horses back to base," Aru whispered. Kara nodded. They jumped off their horses and Aru directed hers to the side and Kara quietly created a portal for the horses using her trident.

They turned around to face the person who called out. "Prince Aiden. What a pleasant surprise," Aru said, sarcasm dripping like honey off of her words. "Save the talk for your trial," The prince demanded. "A trial? Hmm, Lightning, I don't think we'll have time for a trial," Kara told her sister, putting a finger on her cheek. "I don't think so either, Solaris. We also don't have time to talk to you, Prince Aiden" Aru said back.

"I suggest you let us leave," Aru threatened. "I don't think I can allow that," Prince Aiden said, signaling for the guards to surround them. "Well, your majestic highness, like we said before, we don't have the time," Kara said.

"You don't have anywhere to go," He remarked. "Are you completely sure about that?" Aru asked him. "Yes. Remarkably sure, so unless you want to fall to your death, you will come with me" He said "And you would be insane, to do so,".

Aru and Kara looked at each other. "Maybe we are truly insane," They said in unison. Then they tipped over the edge. "Get something under them!" The prince called out to his guards. Aru closed her eyes and concentrated. Then she turned Vajra into a flat, floating platform. "Welcome to your very own, Aladdin carpet!" Aru said. A purple shield started flickering around them, and wind started pushing them upwards. "Okay, we got to go," Kara decided. "Yup!" Aru agreed and sat down, Kara following suit. They flew away back to the base.

~~~~~

"Are they dead?" Aiden asked. "No, they aren't. My shield caught them, but it flickered off. Which only means one thing-" Mini began. "The Sleeper has his hands on Celestial Weapons," Brynne finished. "Do we even know what the weapons look like?" Aiden asked. Mini shook her head. Aiden buried his face in his hands. "This is bad. Really bad," He muttered. "Oh gods. We'll probably want to get out of here before he starts cursing everyone," Brynne muttered. "Your highness, we're at the castle" The driver informed them.

"Aiden! Are you alright?" Aiden's mom, the queen called out as he stepped out of the carriage. "I'm fine, mom. But we just found out something bad," Aiden said. "The War Council is meeting. Announce it there. Your father is in there,".

Malini started dusting off Aiden's clothes. "What even happened? You're a mess!" She remarked while walking through the corridor. "It's fine Mom, I swear," He said, turning around and grabbing his mother by the shoulders to look at him.