The Gala: Part Three

It was time for the dance.

Traditionally, the first dance with the prince, showed that the prince and the princess were destined to be married, and more often than not, actually got married to each other. The first dance bonded the two together for
life.

Aru, hasn't even been offered a dance at any of the Galas she had been to before. She preferred it that way, really, Aru thought all princes were snobby brats that cried whenever they didn't get something they wanted.

And then... there's a first time for everything.

Aru had been hoping, to be asked to the dance by Aiden. The two had talked more before she talked to Queen Malini. They cracked jokes, and made each other laugh.

Curse that prince, Aru thought as she walked to the line that the princesses were making, to see who would be picked for the dance first by the prince.

Prince Aiden was already there, and Queen Malini walked up next to him. She signaled for her son to walk among the ladies and choose. Aru fidgeted with her fingers behind her back. Stand straight and tall Aru remembered her teacher say. Small smile, but with meaning. Aru silently thanked all of her tutors for being able to put up with her to teach her all of these lessons.

Aiden walked around the princesses, seeming to be looking for one particular princess. In the crowd of princesses, he spotted the one. The princesses made way for a path as he walked through the crowd. He stopped at one particular princess. He took her hand and pressed his lips to her gloved knuckles.

"May I have this dance, Princess Aru of the Kingdom of the Sky?" He asked her. Aru's cheeks tinted pink as she told him "Yes, you may,". The other princesses, obviously quite upset, dispersed to dance with the sons of dukes and duchesses.

Aiden led Aru to the middle of the floor, where the other pairs formed a circle around them. Aru put her hand on Aiden's shoulder, smiling softly up at him. Aiden took Aru's hand in his, and put his other hand on her hip, smiling back at her.

The music started, and the couple started moving. Aru let her instincts take over completely as she and Aiden moved in sync with the music.

Aiden didn't think it anyone could have been more perfect than the girl in front of him. The way she laughed, made him smile, everything about her really.

He wanted to get to know her more, and hopefully Aru would too.

The song ended, and Aru pulled away from Aiden to let him go to another girl.

Would this be her happily ever after? Would this be the day for her? Maybe it would.

The dance ended quickly as Aru was lost in her thoughts.

A/N: Okay. That was a really lame chapter. I tried to get some build-up in their relationship, but, uh. Yeah. I just needed to update. Good day!

~V