The Gala: Part two

A/N: Hi guys, I'm back! Here's the part two you asked for.

Previously on The Gala

Aru held out her hand "I'm Arundhati Shah, you can call me Aru, and I'm the princess of the Kingdom of the Sky. May I ask who you are?".

The boy looked startled at the fact she didn't know who he was and then took Aru's gloved hand and said, "Alright Shah, I'm Aiden Acharya,".

End of Recap

Aru's eyes widened in surprise. "Like the Aiden Acharya who is the prince of this kingdom?" She asked.

"That's me, unfortunately,".

Aru raised her eyebrows. "ARU!" A voice called. "Oop. That's me, I gotta go. See you later?" Aru asked.

Aiden smiled and said "Sure, Shah". Aru smiled back at him before walking back towards the voice.

The voice was Brynne. "BRYNNE!" Aru practically shouted. "ARU!" Brynne shouted back. The two sisters ran up to hug each other. A couple of people stared at them.

"It's been so long!" Aru said "You didn't tell me your job as a chef was here!".

"Actually, I've been friends with the royal family here for ages. They just gave me a job offer and I took it," Brynne said "Now. What's the tea between you and Aiden?"

"What do you mean 'Tea'? We just met,".

"And you guys were definitely flirting with each other,"

"No, we weren't"

"Yes, you were"

"Were not,"

"Were to,"

"Were not,"

"Were to,"

"Were not,"

"Do to,"

"We were not. You can't beat me at my own game, Brynne,"

"But I can try,"

"And you can fail," and that apparently ended the conversation, as Aru turned around and walked away. "Alright! No lasagna for you!" Brynne called after her sister. Aru stopped in her tracks and walked backwards to the place where she was just standing and turned around, as if Brynne had hit the replay button on her.

"How do I get the lasagna?" Aru whispered.

"Meet me at the Kitchen in three hours. Aiden's going to be there as well," Brynne whispered back.

"I don't care about Aiden- I care about the lasagna!" Aru whisper shouted.

"Believe what you want. If you want the lasagna, then come!"

"I will!"

"Fine!"

"Fine!"

Aru turned around and walked away just as she did a couple moments ago.

LINE BREAK

Aru had been in the castle for around an hour now, and it wasn't that bad. She had talked to a couple other princesses, of which were pretty nice, and had talked with a couple of the queens, including Queen Malini.

Their conversation started with when Aru was talking to her mother, Queen K.P. Shah. Malini had come by, and apparently the two mothers were old friends. "Aru, why don't you talk to Queen Malini," her mother had said. That was code for Do what you learned in your princess training. Queens always talked in code.

"Your Highness," Aru said as she smiled at the queen and curtsied. "No need for such formalities Aru. Your mother talks highly of you at our meetings," Malini said. That was code for You are very proper, and I want to see if the bragging is true. Every month, the Kings of the kingdoms would have meetings, and since Malini and Krithika didn't have a husband to go there, they were to go to the meetings themselves.

"All good things I hope, your highness," Aru said. "A sense of humor as well? That is a quality most often not seen in princesses, I'm surprised you haven't gotten married yet" Malini complimented. That meant Interesting. You're still single? You'd be wonderful for my child.

Aru smiled. To earn a queen's respect, you had to be proper and formal, to stand tall and never falter. You have to be a lady and a princess. So far, Aru had done just that.

"Thank you. You have hosted a very excellent Gala for your son,". Another rule with queens. Every time you spoke, you were to compliment them in some way, whether it's saying your highness, or straight out giving them a compliment. It's necessary.

"Thank you, you have such wonderful manners,". This meant You've been trained properly I see.

Then the bell rung for the dance.

A/N: Short chapter, yeah, I know. I'll try to update again with the next AU as quick as possible. Bye!