Friends? (Another Aiden POV)

Aru Shah and the Song of Death - Chapter 6: The Warehouse of Quest Material, aka "Do not touch that"

This is not the 4K special. Just so you know.

Brynne was immediately attracted to the shelf marked SHARP THINGS. Mini ran a finger across MISCELLANEOUS SIDEKICKS. They had so many different and weird names.

Aiden started walking around, in search of something that would seem important. He walked towards a shelf with KITS OF NECESSITIES. He grabbed one and shoved it into his satchel.

Aiden spotted Aru at a shelf marked BRIGHT IDEAS. He went over to her and tapped on her shoulder.

"No Mini, I don't think it's poisonous, and yes, if it was, it would probably kill me," Aru said tiredly. "It not Mini?" Aiden said. Aruswished around to face Aiden. "What do you want?" She asked, clearly annoyed.

Aiden flushed. This was already not going how he wanted to. Why was this so hard?

"Listen, I know we got off to a bad start. I was thinking we should all just start over. Is that cool?" Aiden internally cringed. That was practically the worst thing in the world to say. Shah glared at him. She crossed her arms, and then after a moment, let them fall to her sides. Aiden let out a subtle breath of relief. She seemed to be considering it. That was a good thing. Right? Subcousiously, Aiden started fidgeting with Shadowfax. 

Finally, Aru smiled at him, looking somewhere behind Aiden. Aiden decided not to mention she had something in her teeth. She seemed notice it. Aru stopped smiling.

"Fine." She said. She held out her hand to Aiden, who looked at it for a second. Maybe this was going to work out after all. "Really?" Aiden asked, smirking. You can never be too sure. Shah said nothing, but Aiden was pretty sure she was trying to get whatever was in her teeth out. Her mouth kept moving into somewhat subtle but awkward positions. Aiden sighed and shook her hand.

"Still can't believe you're a Pandava," he said. Aru glared at him, sparks flying off Vajra. Aiden stepped back quickly, not wanting to be electrocuted. "Not in a bad way!" He rushed. This just took a wrong turn. "It was just weird to look across the street and realize-".

"Hold up, so you knew I was a Pandava before the gods told you?" Aru cut him off. Aiden eyes widened. Oh, dang it Aiden! He scolded himself. "How?" Shah demanded. Aiden shifted from foot to foot. If Brynne was watching, she be laughing, almost choking, and then Mini'd try to give her the Heimlich or something.  

"Uh, well, earlier today, I saw something kinda weird through my window. You had a lightning bolt." He said. That was probably the easiest way to say it. 

"How did you know it was a lightning bolt?" Aru demanded. 

Aiden pursed his lips and looked at the ground. He silently cursed and muttered "I may have used my zoom lens,". It was so quiet, barely anyone could've heard it. But Shah still caught it. She glanced at Shadowfax. "Zoom lens? You took a picture of my lightning bolt?!". Aiden winced.

"I didn't mean to! You were leaning out the window!"

"And I'm the creepy stalker?"

"Okay, I'm sorry!"

"Say you're a creep."

"Can't I--?"

"Say it."

"I'm a creep. And I'm sorry. But it was a lightning bolt... In your hand... And that threw me," Aiden confessed. Vajra seemed to shine a bit brighter. 

"Don't ever spy on me again," Shah demanded "Or I will lightning-bolt you.". Aiden resisted the urge to snort. He squared his shoulders and said " Fine, then don't spy on me, either,". 

"I didn't-"

"I saw you, Shah,"

"Okay, fine. Sorry."

"Me too."

A/N: Short little Aiden POV! I just needed to post something that wasn't an A/N. Hope you liked it! If you have any more Aruden Aiden POV scenes, feel free to comment them. I couldn't think of any more after this. I was thinking maybe the Vanara scene in COG, when they try to wed Aru and Aiden together, but then I realized how short that was, so that was crossed off. I might write it as a little past time, but not right now. 

Anyways! Hope you enjoyed! See you next time!

~V