Chapter 8: The Reaperdoc revealed!

David chuckled to himself as he ate.

For some reason he was both excited and Terrified, Pilar's words echoing In his head.

"you'll be fine as long as you stay in his good books"

Those were Pilar's words to him on the topic of 'The Reaperdoc' but something about the man, Interested him just as much as it terrified him.

The thing the interested him was the event that earnt the young Ripperdoc his Rebecca given nickname.

He sighed looking Rebecca in the eye as he ate, She seemed so deep in thought that she never noticed his admiring of the red Scalraed and green pupiled Cyberware eyes.

However soon enough she came crashing back to earth, Her eyes focused on his as she snapped "Got a fuckin' problem Gonk?"

"Not at all Becca" David stated smiling "just admiring the Cybernetic eyes you've got"

"Don't" Rebecca stated bluntly "just don't"

"Why?" David asked.

"It doesn't matter why" Rebecca snapped at him, the bluntness in her voice throwing him for a loop.

She was usually so happy and Carefree to see her suddenly replaced with a Blunt version of herself surprised him.

"What's wrong?"

"My eyes cost me and someone I care about a lot of pain and Money"

"You mean The Reaperdoc?"

"Yeah I mean him" Rebecca stated bluntly as she finished her lunch and got off the seat holding her plastic back "if your still curious when we get there, then ask him, because he'd be the most reliable in the retelling of the story"

David furrowed his eyebrows at Her, she was being too vague in her responses and he would have liked to believe that he had gotten to know her well enough to know she didn't beat around the bush and avoid a question like she was at that moment.

He sighed and took the last bite of his sushi before also getting up and following Rebecca out of the mall and back to the NCART in silence.

Not without him wanting to break it, but everything that came to mind was directed towards her Cybernetic eyes.

Soon enough the NCART arrived and they got in, Rebecca taking an empty seat while David stood at a distance.

He could see the green pupils of Rebecca's eyes glow orange for a moment before turning back to green.

"I just messaged him, told him we were on our way" Rebecca stated folding her arms over her chest with a sigh "whether he sees it or not is a different story"

"Nova" David stated Awkwardly.

"Come on Dimples" Rebecca stated with an annoyed pout "don't get all weird on me"

"Oh! I- I'm sorry" David stated quickly "did you have fun today?"

"Yeah I did" Rebecca stated looking out of the window "cheers D"

David smiled at her as the NCART spoke "Next stop, Northside, Watson"

Rebecca quietly stood up and walked to the door, David following suit.

As soon as the doors opened Rebecca was out with David close behind as they headed further down the way they had come earlier that day.

Soon enough they came to a darkly themed Clinic looking building with 'The Reaper' in deep red Neon at the top.

"He really leaned into your nickname didn't he?" David commented.

"Yeah he did, but some how he's still a rumour in the underground Ripperdoc Circles" Rebecca stated before opening the door and walking in, David following close behind.