chapter 12: Down time

-a few weeks later-

David sighed as he paced his apartment while he called Maine.

"Bad- bad time kid" came Maine's voice "Nows bad"

"Word? What's the word?" David asked.

"Nothing" Maine replied bluntly "said I'd C-Call If any giggy popped up"

"Really? Nothing?"

"Desperate looks bad on you kid" Maine growled "what? blow your last cut"

"Isn't about scratch" David replied looking out of his window at the luminous night city "ropes, wanna learn the ropes, i can't use you as a crutch said so yourself"

Maine was silent for a moment.

"Gonna call around, see if I can scrounge somethin'"

The call Hung up quickly leaving David in silence again.

The only sound David could hear were cars and a few Corpo Avs flying through the city.

David sighed again, staring down at the side walk which was filled with pedestrians.

Soon David saw Maine's caller ID which he answered.

"Got Somethin, a package for Pilar, go pick it up in Watson, Reaper's clinic, you know the place?"

"Yeah" David replied "took Becca there once, should remember the spot"

"Good" was all Maine said before the call disconnected again.

David sighed throwing his mother's Jacket on and left, catching the NCART into Watson.

He got off at the Northside station and headed towards Hunter's clinic.

He quickly found the dark themed clinic, he tried the door but found it locked.

He knocked and called out "yo! It's David!"

Soon a tall, respectably bulky man opened the door, he had deep brown hair tied back into a bun, he leaned against the doorway as he looked David up and down.

"Hey, um, is Hunter in?"

"No" was all he said before continuing "your that kid that's supposed to pick up those gold Cyberhands right?"

"Um yeah, I suppose" was all David said.

He sighed closing the door, coming back moments later with a package in his hand.

David quickly took it, stuffing it into his jacket as the man said "Stay safe, hate to see a kid like yourself fall into the wrong hands"

David nodded beginning to walk off but froze when the man spoke again.

"The Reaper talks quite highly of you"

"He does?" David asked turning to look at the man.

"He does" the man confirmed nodding as he folded his arms over his muscular chest before continuing "says you could use some more chrome but thinks you'd do nicely with a pair of mantis blade to pair with that Sandevistan on your back"

"Come to think about it, Where is the reaper?" David asked

"He's off dealing with a problem" the man stated.

David nodded walking over and extended his hand

"David Martinez"

The man smiled as he shook David's hand "Jackie Welles"

"I should get going" David said quickly.

"Just don't break those cyberhands, they weren't cheap" Jackie explained causing David to nod "Ya nos veremos"