Chapter 10: a wolf in sheeps clothing

-a few days later-

David sighed as he laid on the couch staring at the Ceiling, he was waiting for Maine to call him about a proper gig.

He knew his escort gig was just busy work, something to keep him occupied while Maine tried to find a proper gig.

That's when a call came up on his HUD, though it was an unknown number, unlike the last few calls which had been from his former principle.

He answered the call.

"Y-yo?"

"It's go time kid, Cords attached, meet us here" came the gruff voice of Maine, before promptly hanging up, Not giving David a chance to respond

"All business no pleasure" David stated to himself with a smile before jumping off the couch, quickly getting dressed and left the apartment, heading towards the Coordinates that Maine sent.

It appeared to be a warehouse.

He leaned down to look under one of the open shutter doors and there Maine stood at the door inside.

"Hey!" He called out "over here kid" was all he said before walking in causing David to duck under the shutter door and walk through the open door

There seated on a couch he saw Maine, The bulky Woman, the tall lanky guy from Lucy's apartment and a tall skinny woman with blonde hair, yellow eyes with pink irises and a deep red detachable jaw, she wore red clothing.

He hadn't see this woman before.

"Morning sunshine" Maine greeted with a stoic face "ready to get started?"

"The data wasn't lying, He is just a kid" the woman in red stated "can he keep up?"

"Guess we'll see" Maine replied bluntly"

"Now, now" Pilar stated with a wide toothy grin "I know he's a sweet little Thang, but keep those grubby mitts to yourself"

"Why do we even put up with you?" Kiwi commented with a disgusted tone.

"This one here is Kiwi" Maine stated, finally acknowledging David again as he gestured to the girl in red with his thumb before continuing "Dorio and Pilar you've met" Maine stated "make yourself comfy"

David ploped down onto the couch across from them and said "my name is david-"

He was quickly cut off by Maine punching him and saying "who asked?"

It wasn't a hard hit by any means though it still hurts due to the man's muscle.

"Let's get right down to biz, I'd" Maine stated wasting no time as he slid a shard across the table "slot the shard"

David did as he was told and could see a boxing arena come into view, two fighters coming into view, one very large and musclur, so muscular and large that she'd give Maine a rnun for his money.

"Say hello to Arasaka corpdriver and bodyguard" Maine started as the video zoomed in on a man with blonde hair wearing a black suit with a red shirt, screaming s fiercely that spit was coming out of his mouth "Maxim, we're gonna swipe the nav data from the limo he drives around in"

"Just the car?" David questioned "not the car?"

"We klep the ride, and 'saka's ninjas swarm us like flies on shit, so yeah just the data"

"How?" David questioned

"Betting on fights is this leadhead's sole joy in life, his ass fills one o' those seats every weekend" Maine explained "he always puts a fat stack on the butcher, banking on that skull splitting uppercut of hers and he ain't alone"