𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖔𝖓𝖊

~

I

~

"You killed a boy, beat up two others, and almost killed a fourth."

"It was only a concussion for the last one."

The woman - a blonde haired outcast principle - stared at Aiyla from her desk. They stood in a large, expensively furnished room, with a variety of books and decorations. 

"That kind of thing usually warrants an expulsion," cut in Bahadir - Ailya's older brother. "Which is why we've humbly turned to Nevermore Academy for a schooling place."

Principle Weebs raised her eyebrows, "We don't usually except students mid-semester. We've already had to accommodate one."

 "Then you won't mind accommodating another," Aiyla mused.

"Excuse-"

"I'm from a reputable outcast family, I excel in my studies - with the best grades for a student my age, I play a variety of sports: including fencing and boxing, and I am a sharpshooter in archery, my knowledge of botany and poisons is extensive, I'm more intelligent than criminals and law enforcement and I sing," Aiyla listed, "I presume those are all the qualities you'd be looking for."

"You sing?" she repeated.

"Voice of a siren, mind of a killer," Bahadir added.

"The last part is what I'm worried about," Weebs snapped. She regarded the small, dark haired, dark eyed girl in front of her. "You'd have to room with two other girls instead of just one."

"I'll smother them with kindness," Aiyla mused.

In their sleep.

The woman sighed, "I'm going to regret this."

Aiyla and her brother exchanged a look, "We actually have one last request."

...

The moment the door to the room opened, Aiyla felt as if she was going to be split into two different worlds.

There was a line of duct tape going down the centre of the room, and the large, circular window leading to the balcony was half stained glass and half plain. One side of the room was full of enough colour, stuffed animals and drapes to make her nauseous, and the other side of the room was dark, plain and simple.

Two girls stood on opposite sides of the duct tape barrier. One was dressed in pastels, with short, shiny blonde hair that was dyed pink and blue at the ends. The other was pale and gloomy, she wore a long black dress and had her jet black hair braided in two plaits.

"Howdy, roomie," the blonde girl grinned.

Aiyla stayed silent.

"This is Enid Sinclair, and that - " Weebs gestured to the silent girl dressed in black " - is Wednesday Addams."

"Welcome to Ophelia Hall," Enid continued, she stepped forward and put her arms out for a hug.