𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊

~

XXV

~

Aiyla and Wednesday rushed through the woods, their dresses fanning out behind them as they ran, trying not to trip over anything. 

Aiyla could feel her lungs burning and her legs beginning to cramp the more they ran, but Wednesday wasn't giving up.

"Eugene!" She screamed, "EUGENE!!"

"Over here!"

They both snapped their heads in the other direction at the sound of Eugene's muffled yell.

They dashed in that direction, running as fast as they could towards the sound of his voice.

But then they were cut short by the sound of a shrill scream, an earth shattering roar, the rip of flesh tearing like velcro and the terrible splattering of blood.

Wednesday took of in a mad dash, screaming Eugene's name as she found her way into a clearing, where the hacked, marred and broken body of Eugene Ottinger lay. When Aiyla saw the shock and pain in Wednesday's eyes, she saw red.

Aiyla grabbed the knife from her thigh and ordered, "Stay here!" before taking off in the direction that the monster had rampaged away.

As her vision began to bleed over with rage, it was becoming easier and easier to run.

By the time she reached the creature, it was ready and waiting for her.

It was huge and covered in grey fur, with lanky limb and razor sharp claws and teeth. Along with ginormous bug eyes that were way too big for its head.

Aiyla swore loudly at it in Turkish, swinging her knife in her hands and lunging forwards, Wrath clouding her eyes with a soul-sparking inferno of rage.

The creature brayed loudly, barreling towards her and slashing her with their claws, thankfully - she moved out of the way, so they only managed to cause shallow cuts on her upper arm.

Aiyla gave a yell of anger, thrusting her blade out and slashing the monster in their side, eliciting a pain-filled whine. 

For a moment, she thought she saw something human in those too-big eyes.

And all Aiyla wanted to do was destroy it.

She let a shout burst from her lips as she jumped forwards, spinning her knife and slashing the monster, again and again. Until it was howling in pain and staggering away like a wounded puppy.

And the small girl with the rage filled eyes stood there, holding her knife so tightly that she was drawing blood from her own hand.

Control yourself.

There was something so deranged, so chaotic, in those angry brown eyes, that the monster turned, scrambled away and ran for its life.