𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

~

XIV

~

"FUCK!"

Ah, Wednesday had finally awoke.

Aiyla groaned slightly in relief, for she no longer had to block out the rain with her blazer so that they wouldn't get wet. She lowered her arms and the blazer as Wednesday stirred and jumped up, no longer swearing.

"Thing, Lay, I saw her! The girl from my visions!" she exclaimed, dark eyes shining with the anticipated feeling of receiving a breakthrough of knowledge, "Her name is Goody Addams. And I believe she is my ancestor from 400 years ago," Wednesday revealed. She shuffled off of Aiyla, "Was I laying on you the whole time?"

"Yes," Aiyla groaned as she stretched her legs and got up, shivering slightly as she put the soaking blazer back on, "You've been out for about half an hour."

She nodded, "Thanks," and stood up herself, walking over to the wall.

Aiyla turned to the wall as she heard a twig snap.

"Did you hear that?" the Turkish girl breathed out as she made her way towards the wall too, looking out to the forest through the holes in the wood. "Maybe it's the bearded man." She turned back to Thing, "Anyway-"

"Holy crap!" Wednesday gasped.

Both Thing and Aiyla turned about to catch a glimpse of a huge grey eye and a large, beast-like figure tore into the tree line.

Not a moment later, the two outcasts and the amputation were racing out of the door and running after the creature, but to no avail.

"The footprints!" Aiyla pointed, looking at the ground, "I'll follow these, you search the woods," she ordered.

Wednesday nodded and dashed into the trees, trying to cut the creature off from the other side, Thing scampering behind her.

Aiyla had her eyes glued to the footprints as she jogged across the muddy ground, trying to see past the rain.

With every step, they seemed to be getting smaller, until...

"Bloody hell, the thing's a human!" Aiyla exclaimed, eyeing some very humanoid prints in the ground. She grabbed her phone to take a picture, but the device slipped from her wet hands. Staggering and trying to push her drenched curls from her face, Aiyla swore loudly as she almost tripped, trying to grab her phone from the ground by her feet. She rubbed the rainwater from her stinging eyes and grabbed the phone in her frigid fingers.

Aiyla let out a very foul string of curse words in Turkish.

And then she tried to rub the water from her face and stumbled trying not not step into a huge puddle, last moment, then couldn't regain her balance. And the next millisecond Aiyla's body twisted as she fell. She closed her eyes, preparing herself for the impact in the huge puddle...

Impact never came.

"I need to stop saving you in the rain."

Aiyla looked up and glared at the tall boy who had caught her arm. He held an umbrella in her hands and was thankfully shielding them from the onslaught of Zeus' frustrations.

"Thanks," Aiyla said begrudgingly, "But I can handle myself."

Xavier Thorpe shot her a smug look. "Oh, then maybe I should just let go of-"